Board of Governors
PCORI is governed by a 21-member Board of Governors. The Board represents a broad range of perspectives and collective expertise in clinical health sciences research. The Comptroller General of the United States appoints members of the Board, including its Chairperson and Vice Chairperson, in accordance with PCORI’s authorizing law.
PCORI's 17-member Methodology Committee works to define methodological standards for research and develop and regularly update a translation table to guide health care stakeholders towards the best methods for patient-centered outcomes research. The Comptroller General of the United States appoints members of the Committee.
Governing & Operations Documents
Below you’ll find information and resources about our governance and operations.
Management & Governance Policies
- Board & Methodology Committee Compensation and Reimbursement
- Board Meetings and Hearing
- Conflict of Interest
- Conflict of Interest Rules for Research Funding
- Employee Acceptance of Gifts and Payments
- Employee Participation in Political Activities
- Investment Policy
- Role and Duties of the Board
- Staff Conflict of Interest
- Whistleblower Policy
Research Access Policies
Communications & Website Policies
- Guidelines for Public Comments
- Guidelines for Use of PCORI Names and Logos
- Updating Content on the PCORI Web Site
Posted: September 10, 2014; Updated: February 10, 2017