PCORI will make a variety of external funding opportunities available throughout the course of its work, including Requests for Proposals (RFPs), which are awarded through a competitive process. Each RFP contains its own statement of work, requirements, and evaluation criteria.
Methodology Standards Academic Curriculum RFP: This Request for Proposal (RFP) is for a six-month project to create an academic curriculum for PCORI’s Methodology Standards, developed by the PCORI Methodology Committee. The curriculum will be implemented in an academic setting and may be adapted by instructors and faculty for undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral courses to help students in these settings to achieve the primary learning goal of building the knowledge, skills, and abilities to apply the Methodology Standards to future research. The curricula should be specific to PCORI’s Methodology Report and Methodology Standards. Organizations with prior experience in methodology standards and study design training are encouraged to apply.
PCORI expects to make one award under this RFP. The period of performance is six months (February 15, 2015 – August 15, 2015).
- Deadline for Questions: January 9, 2015, 5 p.m. ET
- Deadline for Proposals: January 30, 2015, 5 p.m. ET
- Anticipated Contract Award Date: Approximately February 15, 2015
- Response to Questions
Accredited Continuing Medical Education and Continuing Education for Clinicians: The Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) is seeking fully accredited providers to work with PCORI to develop and maintain Continuing Medical Education (CME) and Continuing Education (CE) units for clinicians. Such CME/CE units will be accredited and based upon PCORI training materials and content, patient-centered outcomes research, findings from PCORI-funded projects, or other subject matter provided and/or approved by PCORI. Development and maintenance of all activities must be consistent with applicable accrediting bodies.The contractor will:
- Conduct a needs assessment of clinician communities and sub-communities identified by PCORI
- Design and develop live and online CME/CE activities based on PCORI content and approved by PCORI
- Promote CME/CE educational activities
- Implement and evaluate CME/CE activities
- Track and report on CME/CE activity completions and provide CME/CE certificates of completionPCORI will own the work products developed under the agreement (e.g., content) and anticipates entering into appropriate licensing arrangements with the selected contractors to enable implementation of the agreement, consistent with PCORI’s non-profit status, mission, and authorizing law.
PCORI expects to identify multiple contractors, each with a Master Services Agreement (MSA) and to release multiple Task Orders under each MSA. PCORI may decide to use selected contractors for any one or more services (i.e., PCORI may use each selected contractor for some, but not all, of the anticipated services). The period of performance for the MSA will be a three-year base period with two one-year option periods.
Task Orders awarded through the MSA contract will be cost reimbursable. The contractor will operate at the direction of and receive guidance from PCORI.
- Amendment #1
- Deadline for Questions: August 18, 2014, 5 p.m. ET
- Deadline for Proposals: August 29, 2014, 5 p.m. ET
- Projected Award Date: September 19, 2014
- Responses to Questions
Pipeline to Proposal Initiative - This Request for Quote (RFQ) seeks four Intermediate Funders (IFs), who will in partnership with PCORI manage up to 110 Tier I, up to 100 Tier II, and up to 80 Tier III Pipeline Awards over a 2-year period. The purpose of the Pipeline to Proposal Awards is to build a national community of patients, clinicians, and other front-line caregivers, and others across the healthcare community who have the expertise and passion to participate in patient-centered outcomes research, and to create partnerships within that community that lead to high-quality research proposals. (NOTE: The deadline for proposals has closed. PCORI is evaluating proposals and seeking contract approval. PCORI expects to announce an award in the near future.)
- Collecting Stakeholder Views on Patient-Centered Comparative Effectiveness Research RFP
- PCORI Reporting and Analysis Taxonomy RFP
- Evidence to Action Networks RFP
- PCORnet Communications Support RFP
- Large Pragmatic Studies RFI
- PCORnet Infrastructure Sustainment RFI
- Institutional Review Board
- Dissemination and Implementation Action Plan
- Scientific Survey Services
- PCOR/CER Roadmap for State Policymakers
- Landscape Review- Understanding Options to Reduce Disparities in Cardiovascular Disease through Comparative Effectiveness Research
- National Patient-Centered Clinical Research Network Coordinating Center
- Comprehensive PCORI Training Curriculum Development Project
- Comprehensive Inventory of Research Networks
- Pilot Projects Monitoring Services
- Results Analysis Services
- Survey Research Services
- Review of Guidance Documents for Selected Methods in Patient Centered Outcomes Research (Contracts)
- Review and Synthesis of Evidence for Eliciting the Patient’s Perspective in PCOR
- Expert Stakeholder Interviews to Identify Evidence for Eliciting the Patient’s Perspective in PCOR
- Methods for Setting Priorities in Research (White Papers)
- Analysis of Input Received on Working Definition of “Patient-Centered Outcomes Research”
Posted: May 21, 2013; Updated: January 21, 2015