PCORI will make a variety of external funding opportunities available throughout the course of its work, including Requests for Proposals (RFPs), which are awarded through a competitive process. Each RFP contains its own statement of work, requirements, and evaluation criteria.
Pre-Announcement: Anticipated Plans for PCORnet Phase II Funding
In winter 2014, PCORI anticipates releasing the funding announcements for Phase II of PCORnet, PCORI’s National Patient-Centered Clinical Research Network. The purpose of this pre-announcement is to provide potential interested parties with initial information about the vision for Phase II so they can begin to plan their applications to the Patient-Powered Research Network (PPRN) and Clinical Data Research Network (CDRN) funding announcements.
[Click here for more information]
PCORI Reporting and Analysis Taxonomy RFP: The Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) seeks a contractor to assist with developing a reporting and analysis taxonomy for our funded portfolio.PCORI expects a contractor with qualitative data analysis experience and access to a medical librarian, and expertise that allows the contractor to synthesize existing health sciences research terminology with a data-driven analysis of PCORI’s unique portfolio. PCORI seeks development of a reporting and analysis taxonomy for our funded portfolio, the systematic and verifiable application of this taxonomy to our historical data, and an ongoing coding of projects added in subsequent funding cycles.The period of performance for the RFP will be a one-year base period with five one-year option periods.
- Responses to Questions
- Amendment #1
- Deadline for Questions: 5pm (ET) August 25, 2014
- Deadline for Proposals: 5pm (ET) September 12, 2014
- Projected Award Date: September 24, 2014
Accredited Continuing Medical Education and Continuing Education for Clinicians: The Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) is seeking fully accredited providers to work with PCORI to develop and maintain Continuing Medical Education (CME) and Continuing Education (CE) units for clinicians. Such CME/CE units will be accredited and based upon PCORI training materials and content, patient-centered outcomes research, findings from PCORI-funded projects, or other subject matter provided and/or approved by PCORI. Development and maintenance of all activities must be consistent with applicable accrediting bodies.The contractor will:
- Conduct a needs assessment of clinician communities and sub-communities identified by PCORI
- Design and develop live and online CME/CE activities based on PCORI content and approved by PCORI
- Promote CME/CE educational activities
- Implement and evaluate CME/CE activities
- Track and report on CME/CE activity completions and provide CME/CE certificates of completionPCORI will own the work products developed under the agreement (e.g., content) and anticipates entering into appropriate licensing arrangements with the selected contractors to enable implementation of the agreement, consistent with PCORI’s non-profit status, mission, and authorizing law.
PCORI expects to identify multiple contractors, each with a Master Services Agreement (MSA) and to release multiple Task Orders under each MSA. PCORI may decide to use selected contractors for any one or more services (i.e., PCORI may use each selected contractor for some, but not all, of the anticipated services). The period of performance for the MSA will be a three-year base period with two one-year option periods.
Task Orders awarded through the MSA contract will be cost reimbursable. The contractor will operate at the direction of and receive guidance from PCORI.
- Amendment #1
- Deadline for questions: August 18, 2014 by 5pm (ET)
- Deadline for proposals: August 29, 2014 by 5pm (ET)
- Projected Award Date: September 19, 2014
- Responses to Questions
Collecting Stakeholder Views on Patient-Centered Comparative Effectiveness Research: PCORI is seeking a contractor to collect stakeholder views on PCORI work. The contractor will:
- Convene one or more of the following stakeholder communities:
- Provide rationale for frequency and method of convening the stakeholder communities
- Provide summary notes and analysis of information collected from each meeting
- Suggest follow up actions based on the nature of the discussion
PCORI expects to identify contractors for an indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity (IDIQ) contract and to release multiple Task Orders under the IDIQ. The period of performance for the IDIQ will be a one-year base period with two one-year option periods. The projected IDIQ award date is July 17, 2014.
Additionally, PCORI expects to make one award under the IDIQ for Task Order #1 – Collecting Stakeholder Views on PCORI Work. A Scope of Work and supporting information for this Task Order are included in this RFP. The period of performance for this Task Order is one year, with two one-year options. The projected award date is July 17, 2014. Task Orders awarded through the IDIQ contract will be cost-reimbursable.
- Deadline for Questions: June 12, 2014 by 5pm ET
- Deadline for Proposals: June 26, 2014 by 5pm ET
- Responses to Questions
Pipeline to Proposal Initiative - This Request for Quote (RFQ) seeks four Intermediate Funders (IFs), who will in partnership with PCORI manage up to 110 Tier I, up to 100 Tier II, and up to 80 Tier III Pipeline Awards over a 2-year period. The purpose of the Pipeline to Proposal Awards is to build a national community of patients, clinicians, and other front-line caregivers, and others across the healthcare community who have the expertise and passion to participate in patient-centered outcomes research, and to create partnerships within that community that lead to high-quality research proposals. (NOTE: The deadline for proposals has closed. PCORI is evaluating proposals and seeking contract approval. PCORI expects to announce an award in the near future.)
- Evidence to Action Networks RFP
- PCORnet Communications Support RFP
- Large Pragmatic Studies RFI
- PCORnet Infrastructure Sustainment RFI
- Institutional Review Board
- Dissemination and Implementation Action Plan
- Scientific Survey Services
- PCOR/CER Roadmap for State Policymakers
- Landscape Review- Understanding Options to Reduce Disparities in Cardiovascular Disease through Comparative Effectiveness Research
- National Patient-Centered Clinical Research Network Coordinating Center
- Comprehensive PCORI Training Curriculum Development Project
- Comprehensive Inventory of Research Networks
- Pilot Projects Monitoring Services
- Results Analysis Services
- Survey Research Services
- Review of Guidance Documents for Selected Methods in Patient Centered Outcomes Research (Contracts)
- Review and Synthesis of Evidence for Eliciting the Patient’s Perspective in PCOR
- Expert Stakeholder Interviews to Identify Evidence for Eliciting the Patient’s Perspective in PCOR
- Methods for Setting Priorities in Research (White Papers)
- Analysis of Input Received on Working Definition of “Patient-Centered Outcomes Research”
Posted May 21, 2013; Updated October 17, 2014