Other Programmatic Awards and Funding
PCORI will make a variety of external funding opportunities available throughout the course of its work, including Requests for Proposals (RFPs), which are awarded through a competitive process. Each RFP contains its own statement of work, requirements, and evaluation criteria.
- PCORI Reporting and Analysis Taxonomy RFP: The Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) seeks a contractor to assist with developing a reporting and analysis taxonomy for our funded portfolio.PCORI expects a contractor with qualitative data analysis experience and access to a medical librarian, and expertise that allows the contractor to synthesize existing health sciences research terminology with a data-driven analysis of PCORI’s unique portfolio. PCORI seeks development of a reporting and analysis taxonomy for our funded portfolio, the systematic and verifiable application of this taxonomy to our historical data, and an ongoing coding of projects added in subsequent funding cycles.The period of performance for the RFP will be a one-year base period with five one-year option periods.
- Deadline for Questions: 5pm (ET) August 25, 2014
- Deadline for Proposals: 5pm (ET) September 5, 2014
- Projected Award Date: September 17, 2014
- Data and Safety Monitoring Board (DSMB): The Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) is seeking an experienced contractor to manage a Data and Safety Monitoring Board (DSMB) for the monitoring of patient data and safety. This DSMB will oversee the awards funded through the Addressing Disparities Program “Obesity Treatment Options Set in Primary Care for Underserved Populations” Targeted PCORI Funding Announcement. The contractor will:
- Identify appropriate individuals to participate on the DSMB
- Develop a DSMB charter
- Provide data reports and other materials for the DSMB
- Coordinate DSMB meetings
- Write meeting minutes
- Communicate with PCORI
PCORI expects to make one award for this RFQ. The period of performance for the contractor will be five years.
Awards through the contract will be cost-reimbursable. The contractor will operate at the direction of, and receive guidance from, PCORI.
- Deadline for Questions: 5pm (ET) August 18, 2014
- Deadline for Quotes: 5pm (ET) September 8, 2014
- Projected Award Date: September 22, 2014
- Accredited Continuing Medical Education and Continuing Education for Clinicians: The Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) is seeking fully accredited providers to work with PCORI to develop and maintain Continuing Medical Education (CME) and Continuing Education (CE) units for clinicians. Such CME/CE units will be accredited and based upon PCORI training materials and content, patient-centered outcomes research, findings from PCORI-funded projects, or other subject matter provided and/or approved by PCORI. Development and maintenance of all activities must be consistent with applicable accrediting bodies.The contractor will:
- Conduct a needs assessment of clinician communities and sub-communities identified by PCORI
- Design and develop live and online CME/CE activities based on PCORI content and approved by PCORI
- Promote CME/CE educational activities
- Implement and evaluate CME/CE activities
- Track and report on CME/CE activity completions and provide CME/CE certificates of completionPCORI will own the work products developed under the agreement (e.g., content) and anticipates entering into appropriate licensing arrangements with the selected contractors to enable implementation of the agreement, consistent with PCORI’s non-profit status, mission, and authorizing law.
PCORI expects to identify multiple contractors, each with a Master Services Agreement (MSA) and to release multiple Task Orders under each MSA. PCORI may decide to use selected contractors for any one or more services (i.e., PCORI may use each selected contractor for some, but not all, of the anticipated services). The period of performance for the MSA will be a three-year base period with two one-year option periods.
Task Orders awarded through the MSA contract will be cost reimbursable. The contractor will operate at the direction of and receive guidance from PCORI.
- Collecting Stakeholder Views on Patient-Centered Comparative Effectiveness Research: PCORI is seeking a contractor to collect stakeholder views on PCORI work. The contractor will:
- Convene one or more of the following stakeholder communities:
- Provide rationale for frequency and method of convening the stakeholder communities
- Provide summary notes and analysis of information collected from each meeting
- Suggest follow up actions based on the nature of the discussion
PCORI expects to identify contractors for an indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity (IDIQ) contract and to release multiple Task Orders under the IDIQ. The period of performance for the IDIQ will be a one-year base period with two one-year option periods. The projected IDIQ award date is July 17, 2014.
Additionally, PCORI expects to make one award under the IDIQ for Task Order #1 – Collecting Stakeholder Views on PCORI Work. A Scope of Work and supporting information for this Task Order are included in this RFP. The period of performance for this Task Order is one year, with two one-year options. The projected award date is July 17, 2014. Task Orders awarded through the IDIQ contract will be cost-reimbursable.
- Deadline for Questions: June 12, 2014 by 5pm ET
- Deadline for Proposals: June 26, 2014 by 5pm ET
- Responses to Questions
- Convene one or more of the following stakeholder communities:
- PCORnet Communications Support RFP: PCORI seeks to identify a highly experienced and innovative communications team to support development and implementation of a comprehensive public-facing communications plan for PCORnet, the National Patient-Centered Clinical Research Network. PCORnet is a consortium of 29 partner networks that was created by PCORI to support a more efficient and effective approach to conducting clinical research. Organizations with previous experience in health care and healthcare communications are encouraged to apply. PCORI expects to make one award under this RFP.
- Evidence to Action Networks: The Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) is seeking a contractor to facilitate Evidence to Action Networks, cross-learning and dissemination opportunities for PCORI awardees and end-users of PCORI research findings. The contractor will:
- Conduct surveys of funded awardees and patient, caregiver, and other stakeholder partners
- Conduct literature reviews and develop reports
- Develop and implement a protocol for Evidence to Action Networks
- Provide reports, briefs, one-pagers, and other materials for Evidence to Action Networks
- Develop and implement periodic evaluations of the Evidence to Action Networks
PCORI expects to identify three contractors for an indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity (IDIQ) contract and to release multiple Task Orders under the IDIQ. The period of performance for the IDIQ will be a one-year base period with four one-year option periods. The projected IDIQ award date is September 5, 2014.
Additionally, PCORI expects to make one award under the IDIQ for Task Order #1 – Asthma Evidence to Action Network. A Scope of Work and supporting information for this Task Order are included in this RFP. The period of performance for this Task Order is one year (September 2014-August 2015), with two one-year options. The projected award date is September 5, 2014.
Task Orders awarded through the IDIQ contract will be cost-reimbursable.
- Deadline for Proposals: July 14, 2014 by 5pm ET
- Deadline for Questions: June 2, 2014 by 5pm ET
- Responses to Questions
- Pipeline to Proposal Initiative - This Request for Quote (RFQ) seeks four Intermediate Funders (IFs), who will in partnership with PCORI manage up to 110 Tier I, up to 100 Tier II, and up to 80 Tier III Pipeline Awards over a 2-year period. The purpose of the Pipeline to Proposal Awards is to build a national community of patients, clinicians, and other front-line caregivers, and others across the healthcare community who have the expertise and passion to participate in patient-centered outcomes research, and to create partnerships within that community that lead to high-quality research proposals. (NOTE: The deadline for proposals has closed. PCORI is evaluating proposals and seeking contract approval. PCORI expects to announce an award in the near future.)
- Contracted Projects
- Large Pragmatic Studies RFI
- PCORnet Infrastructure Sustainment RFI
- Institutional Review Board
- Dissemination and Implementation Action Plan
- Scientific Survey Services
- PCOR/CER Roadmap for State Policymakers
- Landscape Review- Understanding Options to Reduce Disparities in Cardiovascular Disease through Comparative Effectiveness Research
- National Patient-Centered Clinical Research Network Coordinating Center
- Comprehensive PCORI Training Curriculum Development Project
- Comprehensive Inventory of Research Networks
- Pilot Projects Monitoring Services
- Results Analysis Services
- Survey Research Services
- Review of Guidance Documents for Selected Methods in Patient Centered Outcomes Research (Contracts)
- Review and Synthesis of Evidence for Eliciting the Patient’s Perspective in Patient-Centered Outcomes Research (Literature Review)
- Expert Stakeholder Interviews to Identify Evidence for Eliciting the Patient’s Perspective in Patient-Centered Outcomes Research (Interviews)
- Methods for Setting Priorities in Research (White Papers)
- Analysis of Input Received on Working Definition of “Patient-Centered Outcomes Research”
Posted May 21, 2013; Updated August 15, 2014