Other Contract Research
PCORI will make a variety of external funding opportunities available throughout the course of its work, including Requests for Proposals (RFPs), which are awarded through a competitive process. Each RFP contains its own statement of work, requirements, and evaluation criteria.
- Institutional Review Board - Although PCORI’s primary purpose is to fund extramural investigators in conducting health research, PCORI’s Science Team needs intermittent, periodic Institutional Review Board (IRB) services for the protection of human subjects participating in research conducted by PCORI staff. Human subjects should be protected in accordance with the Federal Policy for the Protection of Human Subjects (also known as the “Common Rule”). The IRB will provide PCORI with review services including, but not limited to: review of quantitative and qualitative studies such as surveys, focus groups, key informant interviews, secondary data analyses, and evaluations of PCORI programs. These services should include review of study protocols, interview guides, data collection tools, and data analysis plans, in order to protect research participants from risk related to research participation. Services should include standard review, expedited review, and determination of IRB exemption when applicable. Deadline for White Papers: December 16, 2013 by 5 p.m. (ET).
- Pipeline to Proposal Initiative - This Request for Quote (RFQ) seeks four Intermediate Funders (IFs), who will in partnership with PCORI manage up to 110 Tier I, up to 100 Tier II, and up to 80 Tier III Pipeline Awards over a 2-year period. The purpose of the Pipeline to Proposal Awards is to build a national community of patients, clinicians, and other front-line caregivers, and others across the healthcare community who have the expertise and passion to participate in patient-centered outcomes research, and to create partnerships within that community that lead to high-quality research proposals.
- Dissemination and Implementation Action Plan
- Scientific Survey Services
- PCOR/CER Roadmap for State Policymakers
- Landscape Review- Understanding Options to Reduce Disparities in Cardiovascular Disease through Comparative Effectiveness Research
- National Patient-Centered Clinical Research Network Coordinating Center
- Comprehensive PCORI Training Curriculum Development Project
- Comprehensive Inventory of Research Networks
- Pilot Projects Monitoring Services
- Results Analysis Services
- Survey Research Services
- Review of Guidance Documents for Selected Methods in Patient Centered Outcomes Research (Contracts)
- Review and Synthesis of Evidence for Eliciting the Patient’s Perspective in Patient-Centered Outcomes Research (Literature Review)
- Expert Stakeholder Interviews to Identify Evidence for Eliciting the Patient’s Perspective in Patient-Centered Outcomes Research (Interviews)
- Methods for Setting Priorities in Research (White Papers)
- Analysis of Input Received on Working Definition of “Patient-Centered Outcomes Research”
Posted May 21, 2013; Updated February 21, 2014