PCORI will make a variety of external funding opportunities available throughout the course of its work, including Requests for Proposals (RFPs), which are awarded through a competitive process. Each RFP contains its own statement of work, requirements, and evaluation criteria.
- Qualitative Analysis RFP: PCORI requests assistance from an outside contractor to develop and implement a qualitative analysis of information collected by PCORI during its Merit Review process. The majority of this work will be for programmatic qualitative analysis needs. The types of qualitative data for this analysis will include free text about the strengths and weaknesses of applications submitted in response to PCORI funding announcements from merit reviewer written critiques and summaries of in-person reviewer discussions, where applicable.
PCORI expects to make one award under this RFP. The period of performance is November 30, 2015 through March 30, 2016. The anticipated contract award date is approximately November 23, 2015.
This will be a cost reimbursable contract. The budget for this contract is estimated at $155,000.00. The Contractor will operate at the direction of and receive scientific guidance from PCORI.
Deadline for questions: October 12, 2015
Deadline for proposals: October 29, 2015
Projected award date: November 23, 2015
- Peer Review of PCORI’s Funded Research RFP: PCORI is seeking a Contractor to conduct and manage the peer review of final reports and other documents resulting from PCORI-funded primary research projects. The Contractor, working under the direction of PCORI staff, shall establish the peer review infrastructure to collect reports, recruit and assign peer-reviewers, and synthesize the reviewer comments in a manner that can be conveyed to the Awardee. In essence, the Contractor will carry out the operational aspects of the process from start to finish, including training of peer-reviewers and PCORI staff. This shall be done in accordance with the highest recognized professional standards and practices for scientific peer review. The Contractor should follow the guidelines established in the final process entitled “PCORI’s Process for Peer Review of Primary Research and Public Release of Research Findings,” which was adopted by the PCORI Board of Governors on February 24, 2015 and reflects PCORI’s desire to incorporate broad stakeholder input into its peer-review process.
- Download this RFP
- Q&A about this RFP
- Amended Timeline
- Pipeline to Proposal Initiative
- Methodology Standards Academic Curriculum
- Accredited Continuing Medical Education and Continuing Education for Clinicians RFP
- Collecting Stakeholder Views on Patient-Centered Comparative Effectiveness Research RFP
- PCORI Reporting and Analysis Taxonomy RFP
- Evidence to Action Networks RFP
- PCORnet Communications Support RFP
- Large Pragmatic Studies RFI
- PCORnet Infrastructure Sustainment RFI
- Institutional Review Board
- Dissemination and Implementation Action Plan
- Scientific Survey Services
- PCOR/CER Roadmap for State Policymakers
- Landscape Review- Understanding Options to Reduce Disparities in Cardiovascular Disease through Comparative Effectiveness Research
- National Patient-Centered Clinical Research Network Coordinating Center
- Comprehensive PCORI Training Curriculum Development Project
- Comprehensive Inventory of Research Networks
- Pilot Projects Monitoring Services
- Results Analysis Services
- Survey Research Services
- Review of Guidance Documents for Selected Methods in Patient Centered Outcomes Research (Contracts)
- Review and Synthesis of Evidence for Eliciting the Patient’s Perspective in PCOR
- Expert Stakeholder Interviews to Identify Evidence for Eliciting the Patient’s Perspective in PCOR
- Methods for Setting Priorities in Research (White Papers)
- Analysis of Input Received on Working Definition of “Patient-Centered Outcomes Research”
Posted: May 21, 2013; Updated: October 19, 2015