PCORI is now accepting applications for the 2017 Advisory Panel member selection cycle. We invite you to find out more about our current openings on each advisory panel, learn about the requirements and expectations for submitting an application, the process for submitting a third party nomination, and our application review and selection process. Third-party nominations and applications deadlines are Friday, March 31, by 5:00 p.m. (ET).
About the Advisory Panels
One of the ways PCORI seeks to bring voices from across the healthcare community into our work is through PCORI Advisory Panels.
According to our authorizing legislation, advisory panels must include representatives of practicing and research clinicians, patients, and experts in scientific and health services research, health services delivery, and evidence-based medicine who have experience in the relevant topic, and, as appropriate, experts in integrative health and primary prevention strategies.
Appropriate experts from industry are represented as well.
Learn about our panelists, including their affiliations, short biographies, and how they help us review and prioritize critical research questions for possible funding:
- Advisory Panel on Assessment of Prevention, Diagnosis, and Treatment Options (created April 2013)
- Advisory Panel on Improving Healthcare Systems (created April 2013)
- Advisory Panel on Addressing Disparities (created April 2013)
- Advisory Panel on Patient Engagement (created April 2013)
- Advisory Panel on Clinical Trials (created November 2013)
- Advisory Panel on Rare Disease (created November 2013)
- Advisory Panel on Communication and Dissemination Research (created January 2015)
PCORI advisory panels do not serve in an official decision-making capacity, but their recommendations and advice will be taken into consideration by our staff, Board, and Methodology Committee in:
- Modeling robust patient and stakeholder engagement efforts;
- Refining and prioritizing specific research questions;
- Providing other scientific or technical expertise; and
- Providing input on other relevant questions that may arise to the Institute’s mission and work.
Posted: May 30, 2013; Updated: February 6, 2017