The Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) values and encourages public input. At all public meetings of the PCORI Board of Governors, a public comment period shall be included on the agenda. To ensure that public comment periods are efficient and productive, PCORI will adhere to the following guidelines:
Any member of the public wishing to provide public comment must sign up:
- Via the meeting event page on the PCORI website at least 30 minutes prior to the start of the public comment period of the agenda, or
- Onsite, at the meeting registration desk, at least 60 minutes prior to the start of the public comment period of the agenda, if remaining time is available.
Written comments should be submitted to PCORI via email to email@example.com.
Individuals offering public comment must confirm their participation no later than 30 minutes before the start of the public comment period. Individuals submitting comment by phone must be on the line 30 minutes before the start of the public comment period. If no one has confirmed their participation 30 minutes before the start of the public comment period, the public comment period will not be initiated.
Remarks must be limited to no longer than three minutes.
If the number of individuals who sign up to provide public comment exceeds the allotted time for comments, the Board Chair may limit individual remarks to a shorter time period.
Individuals are not permitted to hand out materials to Board members during the Board meeting. Any materials that individuals wish to submit to PCORI may be:
- Provided at the meeting registration desk,
- Submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- Mailed to PCORI: 1828 L St., NW, Suite 900, Washington, DC 20036
All testimony and additional materials submitted to PCORI will be provided to appropriate Board members, Methodology Committee members, and staff for review and consideration in PCORI’s work.
Individuals represented by a common organization or association should select one individual to speak for the group.
If you require special assistance in providing comments at a PCORI Board meeting, please contact PCORI via email (email@example.com) or phone (202-827-7700) prior to the meeting so that we can accommodate you.
Posted: August 2014; Updated: November 6, 2018