To support our general operations, we periodically issue Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Quotations (RFQs), and Requests for Information (RFIs) for services. You can find out more about such opportunities here.
PCORI is seeking a Request for Quotation for a "Wikipedian-in-Residence" to serve as:
- An editor of proposed content for Wikipedia pages based on findings from PCORI-funded research, and
- A facilitator for others proposing such content.
The Wikipedian-In-Residence will support PCORI’s D&I Program and will be expected to perform the following roles and responsibilities.
In connection with editing and adding content to Wikipedia:
- Understand the structure of Wikipedia as well as its policies and procedures
- Understand how the results of PCORI-funded research can be disseminated through Wikipedia to increase awareness of PCORI-funded research results and the public’s motivation and interest in using them
- Identify relevant sources (e.g., primary/secondary sources, systematic reviews, etc.) of PCORI-funded research to add to Wikipedia
- Identify articles on Wikipedia and add content, edit, and update that reference or incorporate relevant PCORI-funded research results
- Interact with the Wikipedia community
- Address questions and interact with PCORI staff as needed
- Provide a monthly status report to PCORI (reports include information and data analytics on Wikipedia pages edited, content generated, PCORI-funded research results included on Wikipedia, descriptions of interactions with the Wikipedia community, and all other relevant analytics (page views, etc.)
- Keep information on Wikipedia up to date as new PCORI-funded research results become available.
As a facilitator:
- Convene and facilitate meetings, trainings, and editing sessions (edit-a-thons) with diverse audiences, including PCORI staff, medical students, and other audiences identified in collaboration with the PCORI D&I Program team
- Coordinate with and act as a resource to other health-related organizations/medical associations or societies with an interest in improving the presentation of evidence on Wikipedia.
This is an ongoing request for services, with a minimum commitment of 12 months. Should be willing to travel as needed. The Wikipedian-In-Residence will be expected to comply with both PCORI’s and Wikipedia’s policies and procedures (including PCORI's Conflict of Interest policy and Wikipedia's Conflict of Interest policy as described in "Wikipedia: Plain and Simple Conflict of Interest Guide").
- Request for Proposal Released: November 16, 2018
- Deadline for Questions: December 7, 2018
- Deadline for Proposals: January 18, 2019
- Projected Award Date: February 4, 2019
- Projected Start Date: February 11, 2019
Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) Analytic and Operational Support for the Engagement of the Public and Patients (AOSEPP)
|AOSEPP IDIQ Anticipated Tasks: This document will inform current and possible future IDIQ holders of future task orders in the pipeline and allow them to plan resources accordingly.|
The purpose of the work described in this task order is to produce the knowledge and tools needed to close the collaborative gap between research teams and the clinicians practicing at locations where research is conducted. This task order will also support PCORI in taking a leadership role in preparing both study personnel and clinical personnel for mutually-beneficial engaged research, dissemination strategies, and incorporating research results into clinical practice.
Through this task order, the contractor is expected to:
- Conduct an environmental scan to identify existing materials aimed at helping clinicians partner with clinical researchers
- Compile a list of the different types of healthcare facilities and identify key operational issues relevant to designing and integrating a study
- Gather perspectives of different professional and clinical practice areas as they pertain to the needs for engaged research
- Supply PCORI with a list of recommendations for using these findings.
- Request for Proposal Released: June 11, 2018
- Deadline for Questions: June 21, 2018
- Deadline for Proposals: July 2, 2018
- Projected Award Date: July 16, 2018
- Projected Start Date: July 23, 2018
- Download RFP
- Responses to Questions
Mentor Training Environment Scan
The Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) envisions a comprehensive environmental scan and literature review that focuses on the following:
- The review and assessment of existing research reviewing training methods, modalities, and outcomes.
- The review and assessment of internal resources used to support the review of scientific research for patients and stakeholders.
- Assessment of current peer-to-peer mentoring models and preparedness for such a role in relation to the support of a research reviewing body.
- Targeted recommendations for the improvement of the Merit Review Mentor Program training including multiple options for training products.
- Request for Proposal Released: April 27, 2018
- Deadline for Questions: May 4, 2018
- Deadline for Proposals: May 18, 2018
- Projected Award Date: June 1, 2018
- Projected Start Date: June 18, 2018
- Download RFP
PCORI Predictive Analytics Resource Center (PARC)
The Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) is seeking a Contractor to enter into an agreement to serve as a PCORI Predictive Analytics Resource Center (PARC) to assist PCORI in efficiently and effectively launching a new funded research portfolio to utilize predictive analytic methods in primary and secondary research, in order to better personalize treatment options for individuals and subpopulations.
Posted: June 18, 2012; Updated: November 16, 2018