- The PCORI Strategic Plan
- Clinical Effectiveness and Decision Science
- Dissemination and Implementation
- Evaluation and Analysis
- Healthcare Delivery and Disparities Research
- Research Infrastructure
- Our Vision & Mission
- Financial Statements and Reports
The PCORI Strategic Plan
In June 2022, PCORI's Board of Governors approved a Strategic Plan to address the needs of patients, caregivers, and the broader health community in a complex and evolving health and healthcare landscape. The Strategic Plan provides a roadmap for PCORI’s activities in the years ahead and reflects our holistic approach focused on funding of patient-centered comparative clinical effectiveness research (CER) as well as stakeholder engagement, dissemination and implementation of research results, and investments to enhance the nation’s health research infrastructure.
About PCORI's Strategic Plan (2013)
In response to its legislative mandate, and after considering the environment in which it operates and listening to stakeholders, PCORI developed its strategic plan.
In November 2013, our Board of Governors approved this strategic plan. It focuses on
- Funding and conducting highly relevant research that is likely to change practice and improve patient outcomes
- Disseminating and promoting the implementation of the results of this research
- Influencing how clinical research is done by others, so that a greater proportion of all clinical research is useful to patients and other healthcare decision makers
We see this plan as our current roadmap and will revisit and revise it in response to stakeholder feedback, changing circumstances, and what we are learning about what does and does not work to advance us toward our goals.
It first presents the organization's mission, vision, goals, strategic imperatives, and core values and then describes how we will reach our long-term goals. The plan's third section outlines how we intend to monitor and report on our progress toward our goals and demonstrate that we are on track to make a difference.
Posted: September 10, 2014; Updated: June 17, 2022
What's Happening at PCORI?
The Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute sends weekly emails about opportunities to apply for funding, newly funded research studies and engagement projects, results of our funded research, webinars, and other new information posted on our site.