PCORI's Advisory Panel on Patient Engagement was approved by our Board of Governors to help guide our work. This panel and the other advisory panels are instrumental in helping us refine and prioritize research questions, provide needed scientific and technical expertise, offer input on other issues relevant to our mission, and help us model full and meaningful patient and stakeholder engagement efforts.
The Advisory Panel on Patient Engagement is instrumental in helping us to ensure the highest patient engagement standards and a culture of patient-centeredness in all aspects of our work.
Equity and Inclusion Guiding Engagement Principles
This document provides a set of guiding engagement principles for placing diversity, equity, and inclusion at the center of health research partnerships. Developed by the Advisory Panel on Patient Engagement, the four principles—Inclusion, Equitable Partnerships, Trust/Trustworthiness, and Accountability/Actionability—are offered to ensure that diversity, equity, and inclusion are an explicit goal of partnerships from the start.
Advisory Panel Members
Advisory Panel Meetings
- July 26, 2023 Meeting
- May 4-5, 2023 Meeting
- October 25, 2022 Meeting
- May 16, 2022 Meeting
- November 5, 2021 Meeting
- July 15, 2021 Meeting
- February 11-12, 2021 Meeting
- October 22-23, 2020 Meeting
- June 4-5, 2020 Meeting
- January 30-31, 2020 Meeting
- September 17, 2019 Meeting
- June 27-28, 2019 Meeting
- January 24-25, 2019 Meeting
- October 30, 2018 Meeting
- April 19-20, 2018 Meeting
- October 5, 2017 Meeting
- April 7, 2017 Meeting
- October 21, 2016 Meeting
- April 11, 2016 Meeting
- January 25-26, 2016 Meeting (Canceled)
- October 26-27, 2015 Meeting
- June 1-2, 2015 Meeting
- January 13-14, 2015 Meeting
- October 1, 2014, Meeting
- April 28-29, 2014, Meeting
- January 13-14, 2014, Meeting
- September 20-21, 2013, Meeting
- April 19-20 2013, Meeting (Kickoff Event)
Former members speak about the benefits of serving on the Advisory Panel on Patient Engagement, and why it is important to PCORI's mission to help patients and other stakeholder make better healthcare decisions.
- Charter Detailing Purpose, Authority & More
- Studying PCORI's Patient-Centered Approach (A Workgroup of PCORI’s Advisory Panel on Patient Engagement)
- Transforming Patient-Centered Research: Building Partnerships and Promising Models, A report from the October 2012 Patient Workshop
- Contact Us: [email protected]
Posted: April 1, 2013; Updated: March 28, 2023
What's Happening at PCORI?
The Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute sends weekly emails about opportunities to apply for funding, newly funded research studies and engagement projects, results of our funded research, webinars, and other new information posted on our site.