Past Opportunities to Provide Input
- PCORI's Proposed Research Agenda (2021-2022)
- Proposed National Priorities for Health (2021)
- Proposed Principles for the Consideration of the Full Range of Outcomes Data in PCORI-Funded Research (2020)
- Proposed New PCORI Methodology Standards (2018)
- Data Access and Data Sharing Policy: Public Comment (2017)
- Proposed New PCORI Methodology Standards (2017)
Comment on the Proposed New and Revised PCORI Methodology Standards (2016)
- 1. Standards for Formulating Research Questions
- 10: Standards for Studies of Diagnostic Tests
- 12. Standards on Research Designs Using Clusters
- 13: General Comments on the Proposed Revisions to the PCORI Methodology Standards
- 2: Standards Associated with Patient-Centeredness
- 3: Standards for Data Integrity and Rigorous Analysis
- 4: Standards for Preventing and Handling Missing Data
- 5: Standards for Heterogeneity of Treatment Effects
- 6: Standards for Data Registries
- 7: Standards for Data Networks as Research-Facilitating Structures
- 8. Standards for Causal Inference Methods
- 9. Standards for Adaptive Trial Designs
- Peer-Review Process Comments (2014)
- Draft Methodology Report Public Comment Period (2012)
In December 2021, the PCORI Board of Governors voted to release for public comment its proposed Research Agenda, which provided the framework for achieving progress on the National Priorities for Health specifically through the strategy of funding comparative clinical effectiveness research and supports PCORI’s unique space in the health research landscape.
It endeavored to inform a portfolio of patient-centered research that addresses current unmet information needs of patients, their caregivers, clinicians, purchasers, payers, health researchers, and other healthcare system stakeholders in making personalized healthcare decisions across a wide range of conditions and treatments.
Read more about the proposed Research Agenda, which included six statements, in English or Spanish.
In March 2022, the Board adopted the Research Agenda.
The public comment period took place from December 10, 2021, through January 31, 2022.
Posted: February 1, 2022; Updated: March 8, 2022
What's Happening at PCORI?
The Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute sends weekly emails about opportunities to apply for funding, newly funded research studies and engagement projects, results of our funded research, webinars, and other new information posted on our site.