Proposed New PCORI Methodology Standards (2017)
Past Opportunities to Provide Input
- Stakeholder Views on Components of 'Patient-Centered Value' in Health and Health Care (2023)
- PCORI's Proposed Research Agenda (2021-2022)
- Proposed National Priorities for Health (2021)
- Proposed Principles for the Consideration of the Full Range of Outcomes Data in PCORI-Funded Research (2020)
- Proposed New PCORI Methodology Standards (2018)
- Data Access and Data Sharing Policy: Public Comment (2017)
- Proposed New PCORI Methodology Standards (2017)
Comment on the Proposed New and Revised PCORI Methodology Standards (2016)
- 1. Standards for Formulating Research Questions
- 10: Standards for Studies of Diagnostic Tests
- 12. Standards on Research Designs Using Clusters
- 13: General Comments on the Proposed Revisions to the PCORI Methodology Standards
- 2: Standards Associated with Patient-Centeredness
- 3: Standards for Data Integrity and Rigorous Analysis
- 4: Standards for Preventing and Handling Missing Data
- 5: Standards for Heterogeneity of Treatment Effects
- 6: Standards for Data Registries
- 7: Standards for Data Networks as Research-Facilitating Structures
- 8. Standards for Causal Inference Methods
- 9. Standards for Adaptive Trial Designs
- Peer-Review Process Comments (2014)
- Draft Methodology Report Public Comment Period (2012)
As required under PCORI’s authorizing law, PCORI’s Methodology Committee works to define and update methodological standards for patient-centered outcomes research. To date, the Methodology Committee has created or endorsed 48 Methodology Standards that provide guidance on clinical research practices in 12 topic areas.
At its October 2017 meeting, PCORI’s Board of Governors accepted the Committee’s proposal to update the standards as follows: Add four new standards in a new topic/category (Standards for Studies of Complex Interventions) and add one new standard to one existing topic/category (Standards for Data Integrity and Rigorous Analyses)
The Board approved posting of these draft standards for public comment. We invited the public to comment on these proposed changes, as required under PCORI’s authorizing law, using the web-based comment tool below. The deadline for submitting comments was Friday, December 29, 2017, at 5:00 pm ET.
View Submitted Comments
Standards for Studies of Complex Interventions
Standards for Data Integrity and Rigorous Analyses
Posted: October 30, 2017; Updated: January 2, 2018
What's Happening at PCORI?
The Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute sends weekly emails about opportunities to apply for funding, newly funded research studies and engagement projects, results of our funded research, webinars, and other new information posted on our site.