Past Opportunities to Provide Input
- PCORI's Proposed Research Agenda (2021-2022)
- Proposed National Priorities for Health (2021)
- Proposed Principles for the Consideration of the Full Range of Outcomes Data in PCORI-Funded Research (2020)
- Proposed New PCORI Methodology Standards (2018)
- Data Access and Data Sharing Policy: Public Comment (2017)
- Proposed New PCORI Methodology Standards (2017)
Comment on the Proposed New and Revised PCORI Methodology Standards (2016)
- 1. Standards for Formulating Research Questions
- 10: Standards for Studies of Diagnostic Tests
- 12. Standards on Research Designs Using Clusters
- 13: General Comments on the Proposed Revisions to the PCORI Methodology Standards
- 2: Standards Associated with Patient-Centeredness
- 3: Standards for Data Integrity and Rigorous Analysis
- 4: Standards for Preventing and Handling Missing Data
- 5: Standards for Heterogeneity of Treatment Effects
- 6: Standards for Data Registries
- 7: Standards for Data Networks as Research-Facilitating Structures
- 8. Standards for Causal Inference Methods
- 9. Standards for Adaptive Trial Designs
- Peer-Review Process Comments (2014)
- Draft Methodology Report Public Comment Period (2012)
A part of PCORI's 2019 reauthorizing law clarifies that PCORI-funded studies should capture "the full range of clinical and patient-centered outcomes," specifically adding "the potential burdens and economic impacts" of healthcare services to the patient-centered outcomes and clinical effectiveness measures that have been the hallmarks of the research we have funded to date.
In September 2020, PCORI’s Board of Governors approved the release of a set of proposed Principles for the Consideration of the Full Range of Outcomes Data for a 60-day public comment period between September 15 and November 13, 2020. In addition to the public comment period, PCORI hosted two webinars and individual stakeholder discussions, which informed the development of the Principles and also highlighted opportunities where PCORI can further advance the implementation of this new legislative authority and support the needs of patients, caregivers, and other stakeholders.
Principles for the Consideration of the Full Range of Outcomes Data in PCORI-Funded Research
In March 2021, PCORI's Board of Governors approved a set of four Principles for the Consideration of the Full Range of Outcomes Data in PCORI-Funded Research, which will guide how we implement our expanded authority to consider the potential burdens and economic impacts of healthcare services in the research we fund.
Posted: September 15, 2020; Updated: March 18, 2021
What's Happening at PCORI?
The Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute sends weekly emails about opportunities to apply for funding, newly funded research studies and engagement projects, results of our funded research, webinars, and other new information posted on our site.