- The PCORI Strategic Plan
- Our Programs
- Our Vision & Mission
- Financial Statements and Reports
- The PCORI Strategic Plan
- Board of Governors
- Methodology Committee
- Authorizing Law
- Evaluating Our Work
- PCORI's Advisory Panels
- Procurement Opportunities
- Draft Key Questions: Systematic Review of Audio Care for the Management of Mental Health and Chronic Conditions (2023)
- Patient-Centered Economic Outcomes Landscape (2023-2024)
Past Opportunities to Provide Input
- Proposed New Methodology Standards for Usual Care as a Comparator (2023)
- Stakeholder Views on Components of 'Patient-Centered Value' in Health and Health Care (2023)
- PCORI's Proposed Research Agenda (2021-2022)
- Proposed National Priorities for Health (2021)
- Proposed Principles for the Consideration of the Full Range of Outcomes Data in PCORI-Funded Research (2020)
- Proposed New PCORI Methodology Standards (2018)
- Data Access and Data Sharing Policy: Public Comment (2017)
- Proposed New PCORI Methodology Standards (2017)
Comment on the Proposed New and Revised PCORI Methodology Standards (2016)
- 1. Standards for Formulating Research Questions
- 10: Standards for Studies of Diagnostic Tests
- 12. Standards on Research Designs Using Clusters
- 13: General Comments on the Proposed Revisions to the PCORI Methodology Standards
- 2: Standards Associated with Patient-Centeredness
- 3: Standards for Data Integrity and Rigorous Analysis
- 4: Standards for Preventing and Handling Missing Data
- 5: Standards for Heterogeneity of Treatment Effects
- 6: Standards for Data Registries
- 7: Standards for Data Networks as Research-Facilitating Structures
- 8. Standards for Causal Inference Methods
- 9. Standards for Adaptive Trial Designs
- Peer-Review Process Comments (2014)
- Draft Methodology Report Public Comment Period (2012)
The Eugene Washington PCORI Engagement Award Program is now accepting applications for the October 2023 Cycle PCORI Funding Announcements (PFAs).
The Engagement Award Program supports projects that encourage active, meaningful involvement of patients, caregivers, clinicians and other healthcare stakeholders in all phases of patient-centered outcomes research/comparative clinical effectiveness research (PCOR/CER). These awards are not research funding opportunities.
Submit your Letter of Intent (LOI) by September 28, 2023, for consideration.
Engagement Award PFA Changes
- Applicants may note that the language in two PFAs (Capacity Building and Stakeholder Convening Support) has been updated to describe the purpose and requirements of the funding opportunities more clearly. The purpose and requirements of, as well as categories considered not responsive to, the funding opportunities remain the same as in past funding opportunities.
- The October 2023 PFAs also describe PCORI’s new National Priorities for Health and PCORI’s Topic Themes, which address specific populations, health behaviors and health conditions. We welcome LOIs on all topics that meet the program guidelines, but applicants are encouraged to consider the National Priorities for Health and Topic Themes when developing their application.
- Finally, we are now offering two funding tracks for the Stakeholder Convening Support PFA:
- Convening Around PCOR/CER.
- Convening Around Dissemination of PCORI-Funded Research Findings.
Engagement Award Categories
Engagement Award: Capacity Building
This award category helps communities increase their ability to participate in all phases of PCOR/CER. Capacity building projects equip patients and other stakeholders to engage as partners in PCOR/CER or help researchers to be better partners with patients and other stakeholders. Projects can last up to two years and cost up to $250,000.
Learn more: Engagement Award: Capacity Building
Engagement Award: Dissemination Initiative
This award category supports the dissemination of results back to communities in tailored ways that speak directly to stakeholders. Projects can last up to two years and cost up to $250,000. Applicants must focus their project on one of two tracks: Building Capacity for Dissemination or Active Dissemination.
Learn more: Engagement Award: Dissemination Initiative
Engagement Award: Stakeholder Convening Support
This award category supports projects that include multi-stakeholder meetings and conferences focused on expanding PCOR/CER. Projects can last up to one year and cost up to $100,000. Applicants must select one of two tracks: Convening Around PCOR/CER or Convening Around Dissemination of PCORI-Funded Research Findings.
Learn more: Engagement Award: Stakeholder Convening Support
Questions? Contact us at [email protected].
What's Happening at PCORI?
The Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute sends weekly emails about opportunities to apply for funding, newly funded research studies and engagement projects, results of our funded research, webinars, and other new information posted on our site.