Engagement Award Program: Recently Funded Projects
To date, we have awarded approximately $159 million to support 773 projects advancing patient-centered outcomes research/comparative clinical effectiveness research (PCOR/CER) through the Eugene Washington PCORI Engagement Award program, including:
- A convening led by Mental Health America to bring together a large and diverse group of stakeholders centering the perspectives of college students with psychiatric disabilities and develop a multi-stakeholder campus mental health intervention priority report with PCOR/CER recommendations including outcomes measurement, target issues and patient-preferred interventions
- An initiative led by Duke University School of Medicine to enhance engagement of girls and women living with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder in PCOR/CER to improve health equity and reduce gender-based disparities in diagnosis, treatment and outcomes for this at-risk population
- A project led by Food Allergy Research & Education to understand the unmet needs in food allergy research and ways to increase the capacity of Black food allergy patients from low-income, systematically disenfranchised areas like Wards 7 and 8 in Washington, DC to participate in PCOR/CER
- An undertaking led by University of Washington Bothell to engage with the Black and Latino communities in Seattle to learn about behavioral health issues of concern and prioritize a research agenda; connect with existing networks of community stakeholders, providers and researchers to co-learn about PCOR/CER; and build partnerships with those that work with these populations
- An endeavor led by Collective Insight to increase the willingness and readiness of researchers to implement PCOR/CER with older adults and their caregivers, including those from underserved populations
View all PCORI-Funded Engagement Awards
Engagement Award Projects Engagement Award Conference Projects
Posted: February 2015; Last updated: May 2023
What's Happening at PCORI?
Subscribe to PCORI Emails
The Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute sends weekly emails about opportunities to apply for funding, newly funded research studies and engagement projects, results of our funded research, webinars, and other new information posted on our site.