The Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) was delighted to host the Latino Roundtable. At the roundtable, we sought to leverage the wisdom and experience of Latino patients, healthcare professionals, and the organizations that represent them to help guide development of an innovative and patient-centered research agenda to improve healthcare delivery and patient outcomes.
The objectives of the roundtable were to:
1. Create community and promote interest in patient-centered research among Latino male patients and health professionals;
2. Identify healthcare issues and outcomes important to Latino men for future research;
3. Identify barriers and gaps in knowledge or opportunities for dissemination and implementation;
4. Gain input from Latino men on PCORI’s research programs; and
5. Identify how PCORI should engage Latino men in our research process