The Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) hosted a webinar on the Methodology Standards and Methodology Report. Good methods are essential to producing high quality PCOR, and the PCORI Methodology Standards were created to ensure that PCORI research is highly rigorous. This webinar included an overview of the development of the standards, key elements of the Methodology Report, and highlighted the experience of applying the standards to a PCORI funded project. After the webinar, the attendees understood the role that standards play in the PCORI research.
- David Hickam, MD, MPH, Program Director, Clinical Effectiveness Research, PCORI
- Ethan Basch, MD, MSc, Director of the Cancer Outcomes Research Program, University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill & PCORI Methodology Committee Member
- Alyce Adams, PhD, Kaiser Foundation Research Institute, Principal Investigator of PCORI-funded study
Participants were invited to participate in the following ways:
- Sending questions or comments in advance of the webinar.
- Joining the conversation on Twitter during the webinar using #PCORI.
- Sharing comments and questions during the public comment period of the webinar.