Healthcare Stakeholders Webinar Series: PCORI is hosting a series of three webinars focused on healthcare stakeholders. Each one examines health information needs, attitudes toward comparative effectiveness research (CER), and views on engaging in research as partners in designing, conducting, and disseminating research.
Information and presentation slides for Webinar 1, and links for Webinars 2 and 3, are below.
Webinar 1: Listening to Patients, Caregivers, and Clinicians
To support comparative effectiveness research (CER) that answers questions stakeholders care about, PCORI surveyed over 2,700 patients with chronic conditions, patients with rare disease, and caregivers of patients, along with 600+ practicing clinicians (physicians, physician assistants, and nurse practitioners) to learn about (1) how health and clinical research information is obtained and used in decision making, (2) current attitudes toward CER and engagement in research, and (3) barriers to and facilitators of stakeholder engagement in CER. During this webinar, we presented the findings from these surveys and discussed implications for patient-centered CER and for PCORI.
- Lori Frank, PhD, Program Director, Evaluation and Analysis, PCORI
- Lauren Fayish, MPH, Program Associate, Evaluation and Analysis, PCORI
- Thomas Workman, PhD, Principal Investigator, American Institutes for Research
- Jean Slutsky, PA, MSPH, Chief Engagement and Dissemination Officer & Program Director, Communication and Dissemination Research, PCORI
- Pamela Flores, Patient Representative
- Lisa Heral, RN, BA, CCRC, Caregiver Representative
- Lynn M. Olson, PhD, American Academy of Pediatrics