The Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) conducted a webinar to provide infectious disease society members with an overview of PCORI and highlight some of the opportunities that PCORI’s recent funding initiatives provide for membership, patients, and other healthcare professionals to play a critical role in comparative effectiveness research (CER). This webinar was hosted in collaboration with the Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA). Presenters provided an overview of PCORI and our funding mechanisms and explore our current portfolio of research and how it relates to infectious diseases. A PCORI-funded infectious disease researcher also provided a brief overview of their project, how it addresses questions of practical interest to patients and clinicians, and how the project is engaging stakeholders such as patients, caregivers, clinicians and others in the research. This was also an opportunity to learn how you can get involved in patient-centered research and our work here at PCORI.
We invited input in the following ways:
- Sending questions or comments in advance of the webinar.
- Joining the conversation on Twitter during the webinar using the #PCORI hashtag.
- Sharing comments and questions during the public comment period of the webinar.
- David Hickam, MD, MPH, Program Director, Clinical Effectives Research, PCORI
- Greg Frank, PhD, Program Officer for Science & Research Policy, IDSA
- Jeffrey Gerber, MD, PhD, PCORI Researcher, Attending Physician, Division of Infectious Diseases, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP)
Teleconference Audio Recording