This webinar will feature two PCORI projects that navigated the challenges of engaging patients and other stakeholders in research by accessing useful resources and employing strategies that helped their teams work together effectively. PCORI staff will share a brief overview of research engagement activities and effects among PCORI-awarded projects. They will also share common challenges, strategies, and suggestions to overcome these challenges as described by awardees and their patients, and other stakeholder research partners.
At the conclusion of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Describe some of the common challenges and facilitators related to engagement in PCORI’s portfolio of funded research projects
- Identify useful resources for patient and stakeholder engagement in research
Featured Projects & Speakers
- Elizabeth Cox, MD (Principal Investigator)
Associate Professor, Department of Pediatrics, Health Innovation Program, University of Wisconsin
- Patient Partner, TBD
- Michelle Salyers, PhD (Principal Investigator)
Professor, Department of Psychology, Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis
- Tim Gearhart, MSW (Clinician Stakeholder)
Vice President of Clinic Operations, Pulaski Memorial Hospital
More information will be posted closer to the date of the meeting.