This webinar highlighted ways in which patients and other stakeholders are engaged in PCORI research projects and ways their involvement makes a difference. PCORI staff shared an overview of partners’ research activities and the impacts of those activities on PCORI projects and the people involved. Researchers and partners from two PCORI projects described specific examples of partner involvement and its impacts. In addition, they shared their tips for working together effectively.
- Presentation Slides
- Webinar Q&A
- Info Sheet on Patient and Stakeholder Partner Roles
- View the Archived Webinar
At the conclusion of this webinar, participants would be able to:
- Describe the range of ways partners are involved in research across PCORI’s portfolio of funded research projects
- Identify examples of how patient and stakeholder engagement impacts the research process and the research team
Featured Projects & Speakers
- Patient-Centered Trauma Treatment for PTSD and Substance Abuse: Is It an Effective Treatment Option?
Annette Crisanti, PhD (Principal Investigator); Gina James, CPSW (Partner)
- Improving Asthma Outcomes through Stress Management
Deborah Quint Shelef, MPH, CCRP, AE-C; Tiara Cuthbertson (Parent Partner)