The Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) and the Men’s Health Network (MHN) co-hosted a briefing on the comparative clinical effectiveness research PCORI is funding to support shared decision making in prostate cancer.
The briefing aimed to raise awareness around the need for patient-centered evidence to help patients, caregivers, and clinicians make informed decisions about how best to treat prostate cancer. In addition, it aimed to provide advocates and experts an opportunity to discuss the value of evidence-based patient-centered medicine.
- Rep. Markwayne Mullin (R-OK), Co-Chair, Congressional Men’s Health Caucus
- Rep. Donald Payne Jr. (D-NJ), Co-Chair, Congressional Men’s Health Caucus
- Joe Selby, MD, MPH, Executive Director, Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute
- Ana Fadich, MPH, CHES, Vice President, Men’s Health Network
- David Pugach, JD, Vice President, Federal Relations, American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network
- Robert Ginyard, Board Member, ZERO - The End of Prostate Cancer
- David Penson, MD, MPH, Vanderbilt University Medical Center (PCORI-funded project)
- Ralph Conwill, prostate cancer survivor
- Briefing Materials
This event was open to the public and it was in-person attendance only. We also co-hosted a men's health Q&A with the Men's Health Network on Facebook Live and Twitter. Watch the full webcast. For questions about the briefing or for information about PCORI’s work on men’s health, please contact Josh Krantz, [email protected]