Research!America’s National Health Research Forum sparks candid conversations among top leaders in government, industry, patient advocacy and academia about “in the moment” issues that could impact the trajectory of medical and health research and innovation. With such uncertainty regarding the future of our nation’s scientific enterprise, thought-leaders will come together to discuss potential solutions to challenges that could slow the pace of scientific progress.
Moderated by high-profile journalists, the Forum is the only event of its kind that convenes the directors of federal agencies and other leaders within the research ecosystem in a setting where a distinguished audience may hear from, ask questions of and interact with those who are advancing medical innovation and public health.
Confirmed Panelists Include:
- Dr. Francis Collins, Director, National Institutes of Health (Board Member, PCORI)
- Gopal Khanna, Director, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (Board Member, PCORI)
- Dr. Joe Selby, Executive Director, PCORI
- Seth Ginsberg, Co-Founder and President, Global Healthy Living Foundation (Project Awardee, PCORI)
- Nancy Brown, Chief Executive Officer, American Heart Association
- Gary Reedy, Chief Executive Officer, American Cancer Society
- Dr. Mark McClellan, Director, Duke-Robert J. Margolis, MD, Center for Health Policy, Duke University
- Dr. Anne Schuchat, Principal Deputy Director, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Marilyn Serafini, health care policy consultant, former award-winning journalist (Moderator, 2017 PCORI Annual Meeting)
View the full list of confirmed speakers/participants.