When study teams are awarded PCORI funding, they are now asked to submit updated information about their engagement plans shortly after the project period begins. In this webinar, we offered guidance from staff on elements to consider when planning and implementing engagement activities and suggestions for developing a structured approach for integrating the perspective of partners throughout the conduct of the study. Research team members shared how they worked collaboratively to complete the Updated Engagement Plan template on roles and engagement goals, activities and outputs. This webinar was recommended for recent awardees, future applicants and study teams planning engaged research.
Webinar participants could:
- Learn more about the updated Engagement Plan and its purpose,
- Leverage the PCORI updated Engagement Plan template as a tool for conceptualizing and planning patient and stakeholder engagement in a research project,
- Learn how other researchers have utilized the updated engagement plan template to guide their overall engagement strategy.
Featured Project & Speakers
- Annette M. Totten, PhD, MPA (Principal Investigator)
Adjunct Research Assistant Professor, Medical Informatics & Clinical Epidemiology, Oregon Health and Science University
- Angela Combe, MS (Engagement Coordinator)
Practice Enhancement Research Coordinator, Eastern Oregon Practice Enhancement, Oregon Health & Science University