Confronting COVID-19: Finding Hospital Capacity and Improving Patient Flow
A Webinar Series Hosted by PCORI for Hospitals and Health Systems
In this first webinar of the series, presenters from two New York-based health systems in the epicenter of the pandemic discussed how they created incident command structures to coordinate response to COVID-19 and described the challenges that they still face. In the Part 1 follow-up webinar, speakers from health systems in Virginia and Texas discussed how they are preparing for COVID-19; they also addressed live audience questions through the webinar chat function, as well as questions submitted during the earlier session.
- Mark Jarrett, Chief Quality Officer, Northwell Health
- Carol Gomes, Chief Executive Officer and Chief Operating Officer, Stony Brook University Hospital
- Susan Dentzer, Senior Policy Fellow, Duke-Margolis Center for Health Policy
- Eugene Litvak, President and Chief Executive Officer, Institute for Healthcare Optimization
- Don Goldmann, Chief Scientific Officer Emeritus and Senior Fellow, Institute for Healthcare Improvement