Confronting COVID-19: Finding Hospital Capacity and Improving Patient Flow
A Webinar Series Hosted by PCORI for Hospitals and Health Systems
Faced with an imminent or actual surge of COVID-19 patients, hospitals across the country confront enormous challenges with capacity and patient flow. As some hospitals report “battlefield conditions,” real-time learning is taking place. In this PCORI-hosted webinar series, a team of clinicians and operations management experts will share their learnings with the wider hospital community.
In this first webinar of the series, presenters discussed how they created incident command structures to coordinate response to COVID-19 and described the challenges that they still face.
- Mark Jarrett, Chief Quality Officer, Northwell Health
- Carol Gomes, Chief Executive Officer and Chief Operating Officer, Stony Brook University Hospital
- Susan Dentzer, Senior Policy Fellow, Duke-Margolis Center for Health Policy
- Eugene Litvak, President and Chief Executive Officer, Institute for Healthcare Optimization
- Don Goldmann, Chief Scientific Officer Emeritus and Senior Fellow, Institute for Healthcare Improvement
- Part 1 - Report from the Field: How We Are Managing Incident Command (Continued)
Thursday, April 2, 2020 - 11:45 am to 12:45 pm EDT