Confronting COVID-19: Finding Hospital Capacity and Improving Patient Flow
A Webinar Series Hosted by PCORI for Hospitals and Health Systems
Hospitals that have treated patients with COVID-19 encounter multiple challenges in discharging them, from discerning when discharge is clinically appropriate to determining where these discharged patients can or should go. At the same time, post-acute facilities and home health care agencies face their own challenges in accepting recovering patients and caring for them appropriately, such as the ongoing need to protect staff from infection.
In Part 5 of this webinar series, speakers addressed these issues, the lessons learned, and promising practices that are emerging from the pandemic. Panel speakers and discussants also addressed audience questions submitted through the webinar chat function.
- Katherine Hochman, MD, Associate Professor of Medicine, Associate Chair for Quality, Medicine, and Assistant Chief of Medicine, NYU Langone Health
- Susan Northover, Senior Vice President, Patient Care Services, Visiting Nurse Service of New York
- David Rosales, Executive Vice President and Chief Strategy Officer, Visiting Nurse Service of New York
- Marie Rosenthal, Senior Administrator, Terence Cardinal Cooke Health Center, ArchCare
Susan Dentzer, Senior Policy Fellow, Duke-Margolis Center for Health Policy
- Eugene Litvak, President and Chief Executive Officer, Institute for Healthcare Optimization
- Pat Rutherford, Vice President, Institute for Healthcare Improvement