PCORI Webinar Series: Considering the Full Range of Outcomes in PCORI Research -- Patients, Caregivers and Consumers
PCORI’s reauthorizing legislation included a new mandate to consider “the full range of outcomes,” including cost and economic impacts, in PCORI-funded research. PCORI sought public input as we moved forward with formalizing our interpretation and implementation of this mandate to build on PCORI’s mission to generate evidence that is useful and relevant to inform healthcare decisions.
As a basis for public input, PCORI released a set of proposed Principles for the Consideration of the Full Range of Outcomes Data for public comment and hosted this webinar series to serve as a platform for patients, caregivers, consumers, and other stakeholders to provide input on “what” data to capture, “how” it may be captured, and “when” it is appropriate to capture this data.
Comments and input received through the public comment period and webinar series contributed to PCORI's further development and revision of the "Principles." This webinar comprised of individuals representing patients, caregivers, consumers, and the disability rights community.
- Gwen E. Darien, Executive Vice President for Patient Advocacy and Engagement, National Patient Advocate Foundation
- Eric Gascho, Vice President, Policy and Government Affairs, National Health Council
- Leah McCormick Howard, J.D., Chief Operating Officer, National Psoriasis Foundation
- Leigh Purvis, Director of Health Care Costs and Access, Public Policy Institute, American Association of Retired Persons
- Rylin Rodgers, Director of Public Policy, Association of University Centers on Disabilities
- Susan Dentzer, Senior Policy Fellow, Duke-Margolis Center for Health Policy
PCORI Webinar Series: Considering the Full Range of Outcomes in PCORI Research -- Payers, Purchasers, Providers, Health Systems and Pharmaceutical Industry
October 6, 2020; 2:30pm ET