PCORI’s reauthorizing legislation included a new mandate to consider “the full range of outcomes,” including cost and economic impacts, in PCORI-funded research. PCORI seeks public input as we move forward with formalizing our interpretation and implementation of this mandate to build on PCORI’s mission to generate evidence that is useful and relevant to inform healthcare decisions.
As a basis for public input, PCORI released a set of “Principles for the Consideration of the Full Range of Outcomes Data” for public comment and will host a webinar series to serve as a platform for patients, caregivers, consumers, and other stakeholders to provide input on “what” data to capture, “how” it may be captured, and “when” it is appropriate to capture this data.
Comments and input received through the public comment period and webinar series will contribute to PCORI’s further development and revision of the “Principles”. The second webinar of the series on October 6 will comprise individuals representing payers, purchasers, providers, health systems, and the pharmaceutical industry.
- Randy Burkholder, Deputy Vice President, Policy, Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America
- R. Shawn Martin, Executive Vice President and Chief Executive Officer, American Academy of Family Physicians
- Beth Monsrud, SVP and Chief Financial Officer, UCare
- Margaret Rehayem, Vice President, National Alliance for Healthcare Purchaser Coalitions
- Craig Umscheid, MD, MS, Associate Professor of Medicine, Chief Quality and Innovation Officer, Vice President for Healthcare Delivery Science, and Director of the Center for Healthcare Delivery Science and Innovation, University of Chicago
- Anand Parekh, MD, Chief Medical Advisor, Bipartisan Policy Center