At its July 27, 2021, meeting, the Board approved $253.5 million in funding for 28 new research studies aimed at eliminating disparities in maternal morbidity and mortality, preventing suicide among young people, and improving behavioral health, cancer care, surgical care and outcomes for people with chronic illnesses such as cardiovascular disease and diabetes. The Board also approved $1.4 million for a project to implement the findings of a PCORI-funded study to improve patient-centered outcomes among older patients with cancer. Additionally, Executive Director Nakela L. Cook, MD, MPH, shared an update on PCORI’s strategic planning process.
PFAs for Research and Dissemination & Implementation Funding Award Slates
- Phased Large Awards for Comparative Effectiveness Research – Cycle 3 2020
- Suicide Prevention: Brief Interventions for Youth -- Cycle 3 2020
- Broad PCORI Funding Announcements – Cycle 3 2020
- Improving Methods for Conducting Patient-Centered Outcomes Research -- Cycle 3 2020
- Limited PCORI Funding Announcement: Implementation of PCORI-Funded Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Results – Cycle 3 2020
All PCORI Board meetings are open to the public. This meeting was held via teleconference/webinar with no public comment period. Catch up on past PCORI Board meetings here.