At its meeting on July 26, 2022, the Board approved proposed slates with a total of 32 people to serve on PCORI’s five multi-stakeholder advisory panels for three-year terms. The Board also approved the appointments of current advisory panel members to serve as chairs and co-chairs for four advisory panels. During the meeting, also approved a set of candidate Topic Themes for future funding announcements.
In addition, PCORI Executive Director Nakela L. Cook, MD, MPH, announced PCORI's approval of funding awards totaling $258 million to support 26 new research studies that address a range of high-burden conditions among adults and children, including asthma, bone fractures, migraines, intellectual and developmental disabilities, and sinus infections. PCORI also announced funding awards for two projects that aim to promote wider, faster adoption of useful findings from completed PCORI-funded CER studies into typical care practices.
Approved Minutes of the July 26, 2022 Board Meeting
- PCORI’s Multi-Stakeholder Advisory Panels
- Awards Relating to Cycle 3 2022 Funding Opportunities
- Phased Large Awards for Comparative Effectiveness Research
- Broad PCORI Funding Announcements
- Improving Methods for Conducting Patient-Centered Outcomes Research
- Comparative Effectiveness of Multimodal Interventions to Prevent Osteoporotic Fractures
- Healthy Aging: Optimizing Physical and Mental Functioning Across the Aging Continuum
- Comparative Effectiveness of Novel Pharmacologic and Evidence-Based Nonpharmacologic Treatments for Migraine Prevention
- Limited PCORI Funding Announcement: Implementation of PCORI-Funded Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Results
All PCORI Board meetings are open to the public. This meeting was held via teleconference/webinar with no public comment period. Registration was required to join the meeting over teleconference/webinar. Catch up on past PCORI Board meetings here.
*The meeting agenda was subject to change.