- 2023 Annual Meeting
- The PCORI Strategic Plan
- Clinical Effectiveness and Decision Science
- Dissemination and Implementation
- Evaluation and Analysis
- Healthcare Delivery and Disparities Research
- PCOR Infrastructure & Innovation
- Our Vision & Mission
- Financial Statements and Reports
- The PCORI Strategic Plan
- Board of Governors
- Methodology Committee
- Authorizing Law
- Evaluating Our Work
- PCORI's Advisory Panels
- Procurement Opportunities
Past Opportunities to Provide Input
- Stakeholder Views on Components of 'Patient-Centered Value' in Health and Health Care (2023)
- PCORI's Proposed Research Agenda (2021-2022)
- Proposed National Priorities for Health (2021)
- Proposed Principles for the Consideration of the Full Range of Outcomes Data in PCORI-Funded Research (2020)
- Proposed New PCORI Methodology Standards (2018)
- Data Access and Data Sharing Policy: Public Comment (2017)
- Proposed New PCORI Methodology Standards (2017)
Comment on the Proposed New and Revised PCORI Methodology Standards (2016)
- 1. Standards for Formulating Research Questions
- 10: Standards for Studies of Diagnostic Tests
- 12. Standards on Research Designs Using Clusters
- 13: General Comments on the Proposed Revisions to the PCORI Methodology Standards
- 2: Standards Associated with Patient-Centeredness
- 3: Standards for Data Integrity and Rigorous Analysis
- 4: Standards for Preventing and Handling Missing Data
- 5: Standards for Heterogeneity of Treatment Effects
- 6: Standards for Data Registries
- 7: Standards for Data Networks as Research-Facilitating Structures
- 8. Standards for Causal Inference Methods
- 9. Standards for Adaptive Trial Designs
- Peer-Review Process Comments (2014)
- Draft Methodology Report Public Comment Period (2012)
- Past Opportunities to Provide Input
PCORI's Online System opened on September 6, 2023, for the submission of Letters of Intent (LOI) for the Advancing the Science of Engagement PCORI Funding Announcement (PFA) under Cycle 3 2023.
LOIs are due on October 3, by 5:00 p.m. (ET), and applications are due on January 9, 2024, by 5:00 p.m. (ET).
PCORI seeks to fund studies that build an evidence base on engagement in research, including:
- Measures to capture structure/context, process, and outcomes of engagement in research.
- Techniques that lead to effective engagement in research.
- How effective engagement techniques should be modified and resourced for different contexts, settings, and communities to ensure equity in engagement and research.
The first priority and goal of this funding opportunity is to develop reliable and valid measures that enable future comparative effectiveness research of engagement methods. Resources available will be limited to $1 million in direct costs for this priority. The second priority of this funding opportunity is to support research projects that evaluate the impact of various engagement methods on key processes and outcomes of engagement and research. Resources available will be limited to $1.5 million in direct costs for this priority.
|PCORI anticipates nine funding cycles for the Science of Engagement initiative, with this cycle being the fourth. The focus of subsequent PFAs will be updated as the evidence base grows. View a list of projects that have already been awarded, so far.|
Posted: July 5, 2023; Updated: September 6, 2023
What's Happening at PCORI?
The Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute sends weekly emails about opportunities to apply for funding, newly funded research studies and engagement projects, results of our funded research, webinars, and other new information posted on our site.