- The PCORI Strategic Plan
- Our Programs
- Our Vision & Mission
- Financial Statements and Reports
- The PCORI Strategic Plan
- Board of Governors
- Methodology Committee
- Authorizing Law
- Evaluating Our Work
- PCORI's Advisory Panels
- Procurement Opportunities
- Draft Key Questions: Systematic Review of Audio Care for the Management of Mental Health and Chronic Conditions (2023)
- Patient-Centered Economic Outcomes Landscape (2023-2024)
Past Opportunities to Provide Input
- Proposed New Methodology Standards for Usual Care as a Comparator (2023)
- Stakeholder Views on Components of 'Patient-Centered Value' in Health and Health Care (2023)
- PCORI's Proposed Research Agenda (2021-2022)
- Proposed National Priorities for Health (2021)
- Proposed Principles for the Consideration of the Full Range of Outcomes Data in PCORI-Funded Research (2020)
- Proposed New PCORI Methodology Standards (2018)
- Data Access and Data Sharing Policy: Public Comment (2017)
- Proposed New PCORI Methodology Standards (2017)
Comment on the Proposed New and Revised PCORI Methodology Standards (2016)
- 1. Standards for Formulating Research Questions
- 10: Standards for Studies of Diagnostic Tests
- 12. Standards on Research Designs Using Clusters
- 13: General Comments on the Proposed Revisions to the PCORI Methodology Standards
- 2: Standards Associated with Patient-Centeredness
- 3: Standards for Data Integrity and Rigorous Analysis
- 4: Standards for Preventing and Handling Missing Data
- 5: Standards for Heterogeneity of Treatment Effects
- 6: Standards for Data Registries
- 7: Standards for Data Networks as Research-Facilitating Structures
- 8. Standards for Causal Inference Methods
- 9. Standards for Adaptive Trial Designs
- Peer-Review Process Comments (2014)
- Draft Methodology Report Public Comment Period (2012)
PCORI's Online System will open on Jan. 9, 2024, for the submission of Letters of Intent (LOI) for the following PCORI Funding Announcements (PFAs).
LOIs will be due on Feb. 6, 2024, by 5 pm (ET), and applications will be due on May 7, 2024, by 5 pm (ET).
Limited Competition PFA: Implementation Awards
This PFA will fund projects that aim to implement patient-centered comparative clinical effectiveness research (CER) results obtained from PCORI-funded research in real-world practice settings, and in selected cases, projects that focus on preparing for implementation of these findings or on the dissemination of these findings. Applicants will have the opportunity to propose standard implementation projects, dissemination projects and implementation planning projects.
Implementation of Effective Shared Decision Making Approaches in Practice Settings
This PFA will support projects that promote the targeted implementation and systematic uptake of shared decision making (SDM) in healthcare settings. This initiative will also support projects that propose active, multicomponent approaches to implementing effective SDM strategies that address existing barriers and obstacles to uptake and maintenance so that these interventions are effectively and sustainably integrated into practice.
Open Competition PFA: Implementation of Findings from PCORI's Research Investments
This PFA will support implementation projects that promote the uptake of peer-reviewed findings from specific PCORI-funded patient-centered CER in the context of the body of related evidence. This PFA is an open competition opportunity for principal investigators to propose projects that move evidence toward practical use in improving health care and health outcomes. PCORI has also identified four areas of eligible evidence under this opportunity.
Posted: October 25, 2023
Recent Funding Announcement Notices
What's Happening at PCORI?
The Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute sends weekly emails about opportunities to apply for funding, newly funded research studies and engagement projects, results of our funded research, webinars, and other new information posted on our site.