- The PCORI Strategic Plan
- Clinical Effectiveness and Decision Science
- Dissemination and Implementation
- Evaluation and Analysis
- Healthcare Delivery and Disparities Research
- Research Infrastructure
- Our Vision & Mission
- Financial Statements and Reports
- The PCORI Strategic Plan
- Board of Governors
- Methodology Committee
- Authorizing Law
Evaluating Our Work
- PCORI's Goals (2013)
- Planning Our Organizational Learning, Reporting Our Results
- Evaluating Key Aspects of Our Work
- PCORI Evaluation Group (PEG)
- PCORI's Advisory Panels
- Procurement Opportunities
- Stakeholder Views on Components of 'Patient-Centered Value' in Health and Health Care: A Request for Input
Past Opportunities to Provide Input
- PCORI's Proposed Research Agenda (2021-2022)
- Proposed National Priorities for Health (2021)
- Proposed Principles for the Consideration of the Full Range of Outcomes Data in PCORI-Funded Research (2020)
- Proposed New PCORI Methodology Standards (2018)
- Data Access and Data Sharing Policy: Public Comment (2017)
- Proposed New PCORI Methodology Standards (2017)
Comment on the Proposed New and Revised PCORI Methodology Standards (2016)
- 1. Standards for Formulating Research Questions
- 10: Standards for Studies of Diagnostic Tests
- 12. Standards on Research Designs Using Clusters
- 13: General Comments on the Proposed Revisions to the PCORI Methodology Standards
- 2: Standards Associated with Patient-Centeredness
- 3: Standards for Data Integrity and Rigorous Analysis
- 4: Standards for Preventing and Handling Missing Data
- 5: Standards for Heterogeneity of Treatment Effects
- 6: Standards for Data Registries
- 7: Standards for Data Networks as Research-Facilitating Structures
- 8. Standards for Causal Inference Methods
- 9. Standards for Adaptive Trial Designs
- Peer-Review Process Comments (2014)
- Draft Methodology Report Public Comment Period (2012)
- Executive Team
- Office of the Executive Director
- Program Support and Information Management
- Staff Conflict of Interest Disclosures
PCORI's Online System opened on January 10, 2023, for the submission of Letters of Intent (LOI) for the following PCORI Funding Announcements (PFAs). LOIs are due on February 7 by 5:00 pm ET, and applications are due May 2 by 5:00 pm ET.
Prevention, Early Identification, and Treatment of Delirium in Older Adults
This PFA is soliciting applications for comparative clinical effectiveness research (CER) studies that focus on the prevention, early identification, and treatment of delirium in older adults. Proposals should focus on one or more of the following three research areas that encompass real-world challenges within delirium research: (1) Prevention (2) Early Identification (3) Treatment.
Brief Interventions for Adolescent Alcohol Use
This PFA is soliciting applications for comparative clinical effectiveness research (CER) studies that compare brief interventions to address adolescent alcohol use in schools, primary care, or other community-based settings. Proposals should respond to this question: What is the comparative effectiveness of brief behavioral interventions, adapted for adolescents ages 12-17, to address alcohol use?
Broad Pragmatic Studies
This PFA is soliciting applications for comparative clinical effectiveness research (CER) studies that align with at least one of PCORI's National Priorities for Health. For this 2023 standing PFA, eight topic themes have also been introduced and applicants have the option to choose up to three topic themes, based on how their proposed research aligns with the themes.
Improving Methods for Conducting Patient-Centered Outcomes Research
Through this PFA, PCORI is seeking to fund studies that address high-priority methodological gaps in patient-centered outcomes research (PCOR) and CER, as well as projects that address important methodological gaps and lead to improvements in the strength and quality of evidence generated by PCOR/CER studies. The PFA includes four areas of programmatic priorities.
Partnering Research and Community Organizations for Novel Health Equity Research: Addressing Health Systems Factors and Social Determinants of Maternal Health
This PFA focused on improving maternal outcomes by simultaneously addressing health conditions and social determinants of health. It will also uniquely position community organizations to be a full partner and co-lead the project alongside research organizations.
Advancing the Science of Engagement
The PFA is seeking to fund studies that build an evidence base on engagement in research, including measures to capture structure/context, process, and outcomes of engagement in research; techniques that lead to effective engagement in research; how these techniques should be modified and resourced for different contexts, settings, and communities to ensure equity in engagement and research; and how engagement supports successful research, thereby advancing PCORI's National Priorities for Health.
Posted: December 13, 2022; Updated: January 24, 2023
Recent Funding Announcement Notices
What's Happening at PCORI?
The Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute sends weekly emails about opportunities to apply for funding, newly funded research studies and engagement projects, results of our funded research, webinars, and other new information posted on our site.