Research PCORI Funding Announcements: New PFAs Open May 2, 2023
- The PCORI Strategic Plan
- Clinical Effectiveness and Decision Science
- Dissemination and Implementation
- Evaluation and Analysis
- Healthcare Delivery and Disparities Research
- PCOR Infrastructure & Innovation
- Our Vision & Mission
- Financial Statements and Reports
- The PCORI Strategic Plan
- Board of Governors
- Methodology Committee
- Authorizing Law
- Evaluating Our Work
- PCORI's Advisory Panels
- Procurement Opportunities
Past Opportunities to Provide Input
- Stakeholder Views on Components of 'Patient-Centered Value' in Health and Health Care (2023)
- PCORI's Proposed Research Agenda (2021-2022)
- Proposed National Priorities for Health (2021)
- Proposed Principles for the Consideration of the Full Range of Outcomes Data in PCORI-Funded Research (2020)
- Proposed New PCORI Methodology Standards (2018)
- Data Access and Data Sharing Policy: Public Comment (2017)
- Proposed New PCORI Methodology Standards (2017)
Comment on the Proposed New and Revised PCORI Methodology Standards (2016)
- 1. Standards for Formulating Research Questions
- 10: Standards for Studies of Diagnostic Tests
- 12. Standards on Research Designs Using Clusters
- 13: General Comments on the Proposed Revisions to the PCORI Methodology Standards
- 2: Standards Associated with Patient-Centeredness
- 3: Standards for Data Integrity and Rigorous Analysis
- 4: Standards for Preventing and Handling Missing Data
- 5: Standards for Heterogeneity of Treatment Effects
- 6: Standards for Data Registries
- 7: Standards for Data Networks as Research-Facilitating Structures
- 8. Standards for Causal Inference Methods
- 9. Standards for Adaptive Trial Designs
- Peer-Review Process Comments (2014)
- Draft Methodology Report Public Comment Period (2012)
- Past Opportunities to Provide Input
- Executive Team
- Office of the Executive Director
- Program Support and Information Management
- Staff Conflict of Interest Disclosures
PCORI's Online System will open on May 2, 2023, for the submission of Letters of Intent (LOI) for the following PCORI Funding Announcements (PFAs). LOIs are due on May 31 by 5:00 pm ET, and applications are due August 29 by 5:00 pm ET.
Health System Strategies to Address Disparities in Hypertension Management & Control
This PFA is soliciting applications for large randomized controlled trials that respond to the following question: What is the comparative effectiveness of health system strategies to improve hypertension control for populations experiencing disparities in hypertension control and associated health outcomes, e.g., Black, Hispanic, rural, and/or uninsured individuals?
Learn more about this PFA and register to attend a virtual applicant town hall on May 15.
Comparative Effectiveness of Novel Pharmacologic and Evidence-Based Nonpharmacologic Treatments for Migraine Prevention
This PFA is soliciting applications for rigorous, large-scale pragmatic trials that compare newly available pharmacologic and/or evidence-based nonpharmacologic treatments for the prevention of migraine. PCORI is interested in studies that compare emerging pharmacological options and studies that examine the comparative effectiveness of evidence-based nonpharmacological options for migraine prevention.
Learn more about this PFA and register to attend a virtual applicant town hall on May 16.
Phased Large Awards for Comparative Effectiveness Research (PLACER)
This PFA is seeking applications for high-quality comparative clinical effectiveness research studies that will address critical decisions faced by patients, caregivers, clinicians, and stakeholders across the health and healthcare community and for which there is insufficient evidence. Proposed trials should address critical decisional dilemmas that require important new evidence about the comparative clinical effectiveness of available interventions, and compare interventions that already have evidence of efficacy or are in widespread use.
Learn more about this PFA and register to attend a virtual applicant town hall on May 19.
Broad Pragmatic Studies
This PFA is soliciting applications for comparative clinical effectiveness research (CER) studies that align with at least one of PCORI's National Priorities for Health. For this 2023 standing PFA, new topic themes have also been introduced and applicants have the option to choose up to three topic themes, based on how their proposed research aligns with the themes.
Cycle 2 2023 includes the addition of a Category 3 option to support studies using PCORnet®, the National Patient-Centered Clinical Research Network, to advance PCORI's National Priorities for Health. Find out more about Category 3 here.
Learn more about this PFA and register to attend a virtual applicant town hall on May 17. In addition, register to attend a virtual workshop about the new Category 3 option on May 18.
Improving Methods for Conducting Patient-Centered Outcomes Research
Through this PFA, PCORI is seeking to fund studies that address high-priority methodological gaps in patient-centered outcomes research (PCOR) and CER, as well as projects that address important methodological gaps and lead to improvements in the strength and quality of evidence generated by PCOR/CER studies. The PFA includes four areas of programmatic priorities.
Advancing the Science of Engagement
The PFA is seeking to fund studies that build an evidence base on engagement in research, including measures to capture structure/context, process, and outcomes of engagement in research, techniques that lead to effective engagement in research, and how effective engagement techniques should be modified and resourced for different contexts, settings, and communities to ensure equity in engagement and research.
Learn more about this PFA register to attend a virtual applicant town hall on May 23.
New Implementation PCORI Funding Announcements Open May 2
Posted: February 13, 2023
Recent Funding Announcement Notices
Open Engagement Award Funding Opportunities: Letters of Intent Due April 3
Limited Competition PFA: Implementation of PCORI-Funded Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Results
What's Happening at PCORI?
The Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute sends weekly emails about opportunities to apply for funding, newly funded research studies and engagement projects, results of our funded research, webinars, and other new information posted on our site.