Limited PCORI Funding Announcement: Implementation of PCORI-Funded Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Results -- Cycle 3 2021
- All Funding Opportunities
- What & Who We Fund
- What You Need to Know to Apply
- Merit Review
The intent of this limited PFA is to move evidence developed with PCORI research funding toward practical use in improving health care and health outcomes. PCORI will fund projects that aim to implement patient-centered clinical comparative effectiveness research (CER) results obtained from PCORI-funded studies in real-world practice settings, and, in selected cases, projects that focus on the dissemination of these findings.
- Standard Implementation Projects
Standard Implementation Projects may have budgets up to $1.5M in total direct costs and total project durations of up to 36 months.
- Phased Implementation Projects
Phased Implementation Projects will be expected, within the course of the award, to accomplish more significant scaleup than Standard Implementation Projects. Phased Implementation Projects will be required to demonstrate the feasibility and impact of the proposed implementation approach early in the project (Phase 1), followed by substantial scaleup (Phase 2). Successful applicants will demonstrate significant stakeholder/partner buy-in and commitment to scaleup during the project and to sustainability after the project is completed, as well as accomplish significant overall project reach (i.e., numbers of sites, health systems, patients). Phased Implementation Project may have budgets up to $4.5 million in total direct costs and total project durations up to 66 months.
- Note: Starting Cycle 3 2021, applicants interested in proposing Phased Implementation Projects must (1) have a manuscript reporting the results of the PCORI-funded study being proposed for implementation formally accepted for publication by a peer-reviewed scientific journal before the LOI deadline and (2) discuss their proposal with PCORI’s Dissemination and Implementation Program at least one week prior to the LOI deadline and receive email approval from PCORI before submitting an LOI.
- Dissemination Projects
While this funding mechanism is designed primarily to support implementation projects, PCORI will consider supporting dissemination projects with the primary goal of spreading knowledge and awareness of evidence from PCORI-funded research studies and increasing targeted end-users’ motivation and ability to use it. Dissemination Projects may have budgets up to $300,000 in total costs and total project durations of up to 36 months.
Applicant Eligibility: Recipients of PCORI-funded research awards, including Broad PCORI awards, Pilot Projects Program awards, Targeted PCORI awards, Pragmatic Clinical Study awards, and PCORI-funded demonstration projects occurring within PCORnet®, the National Patient-Centered Clinical Research Network infrastructure (e.g., ADAPTABLE and obesity trials), are eligible to respond to this PFA.Download Full Announcement
Funds and Project Period
- Cycle 3 2021