PCORI is committed to "research done differently." Our funding applications and review process include criteria that may be new to researchers, patients, and other stakeholders.
Our training materials are designed to assist you through this new process.
Upcoming LOI/Applicant Town Halls
PCORI Online Training Resources
- PCORI Online User Access Cheat Sheet
- LOI Cheat Sheet
- Application Cheat Sheet
- PIR Cheat Sheet
- PCORI Online Pre-Award AO Cheat Sheet
- PPRN Limited Competition Application Submission: November 15, 2018 (Archived Webinar Available)
- PPRN Limited Competition Applicant Town Hall: November 6, 2018 (Archived Webinar Available)
- Cycle 3 2018 LOI Submission: October 23, 2018 (Archived Webinar Available)
- Cycle 2 2018 Application Submission: August 28, 2018 (Archived Webinar Available)
- Cycle 2 2018 LOI Submission: June 13, 2018 (Archived Webinar Available)
Engagement Award Resources
- Pre-Award User Guide
- Pre-Award Cheet Sheet
- PCORI Online Cheat Sheet: Engagement Award Initiative Notice Application Submission
- PCORI Online Cheat Sheet: Administrative Official: Logging in & Application Submission
- System-Based Training: Engagement Awards LOI Submission
- System-Based Training: Engagement Awards Application Submission
- System-Based Training: Engagement Award Initiative Notice: Meeting & Conference Support Application Submission
- PCORI Policy for Data Management and Data Sharing
This policy calls for the researchers PCORI funds to share their data sets and documentation for reanalysis and reuse. The policy advances PCORI’s commitment to open science by encouraging use of data from the studies it funds to allow other researchers to verify and build on those findings to generate new evidence available to healthcare decision makers.
- Guidance on the Design and Conduct of Trials in Real-World Settings: Factors to Consider in Pragmatic Patient Centered Outcomes Research
Comparative clinical effectiveness research is commonly performed in real-world settings that require thoughtful planning to balance the extent of experimental control with more naturalistic (or "pragmatic") study conduct. Applicants for PCORI funding and PCORI awardees should refer to this guidance for important factors in weighing whether and how pragmatic research features best serve the study question and purpose.
- Using the PCORI Methodology Standards
Learn more about PCORI methodology standards and how they can be used.
View the archived webinar.
Archived LOI/Applicant Town Halls & Training Resources
- Cycle 1 2019 Broad PFAs Applicant Town Hall: January 23, 2019
- Cycle 1 2019 Treatment of Anxiety in Children, Adolescents, and/or Young Adults PFA Applicant Town Hall: January 22, 2019
- Cycle 1 2019 Treatment of Posttraumatic Stress Disorder in Adults Applicant Town Hall: January 17, 2019
- Cycle 1 2019 Improving Methods Applicant Town Hall: January 16, 2019
- Cycle 1 2019 Treatment Options for Age-Related Hearing Loss Applicant Town Hall: January 15, 2019
- Cycle 3 2018 Broad PFA Applicant Town Hall: October 18, 2018
- Cycle 3 2018 Improving Methods PFA Applicant Town Hall: October 17, 2018
Click here to access applicant town hall information for funding cycles before Cycle 3 2018.
Posted: October 29, 2013; Updated: February 26, 2019