Reviewers use PCORI Online to: (1) Indicate COI and level of expertise/experience; (2) Access assigned applications and Complete Online Reviews; and (3) Participate at the In-Person Panel meeting. Below are guidance documents for completing these steps.
- PCORI Online: Merit Reviewer User Guides for:
- Indicating COI and Expertise Guide, COI and Expertise Cheat Sheet, & Policy Guidance for Indicating COI/Expertise
- Completing Online Reviews Guide, Completing Online Reviews Cheat Sheet
- Participating at the In-Person Meeting Guide, Participating at the In-Person Meeting Cheat Sheet
- Demo Video: Merit Reviewer User Guide for Participating at the Panel Meeting
- Additional Reviewer Guidance
- Guide for Evaluating Adherence to PCORI Methodology Standards
- How to Evaluate Human Subjects Protections
- Engagement Rubric
- Methodology 101 Training Booklet and Resource Guide (includes Glossary of Scientific Terms)
- Glossary of PCORI-related Terms
Click on the video below for an inside look at the PCORI Merit Review in-person meeting process. Learn about the roles of various panel members and how to participate in a productive discussion that ensures the inclusion of each reviewer perspective (patient, stakeholder, and scientist).
We welcome your feedback so we can continue to improve our training materials. E-mail us at email@example.com.
Note: If you have been invited and are currently serving as a Merit Reviewer on a review panel, please log-in to PCORI Online to access additional reviewer resources.
Posted: April 29, 2013; Updated: November 22, 2017