PCORI Funding Announcements (PFAs) seek applications for patient-centered comparative clinical effectiveness research projects on a variety of topics that address needs of patients, caregivers, clinicians, and other healthcare stakeholders. Below are the Merit Review Criteria for each PFA and a video highlighting some of them.
- Addressing Disparities
- Assessment of Prevention, Diagnosis, and Treatment Options
- Communication and Dissemination Research
- Improving Healthcare Systems
Click here to view the entire PFA (including the criteria)
- COVID-19 Targeted
- Observational Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
- Conducting Rare Disease Research Using PCORnet
About PCORI's Merit Review Criteria
Full applications submitted to PCORI are reviewed against six merit review criteria. The evaluation of how well the application addresses these criteria help determine which applications have the greatest potential to provide evidence that will help patients and other stakeholders make better healthcare decisions.
See the video for more information.
Posted: February 15, 2019; Updated: May 13, 2020