Putting Evidence to Work
- PCORI Dissemination and Implementation Funding Initiatives
- Health Systems Implementation Initiative
- Evidence on the Effectiveness of Implementation Strategies: A Landscape Review
- Returning Study Results to Participants: An Important Responsibility
- PCORI Public Access to Journal Articles Presenting Findings from PCORI-Funded Research
- Dissemination and Implementation Framework and Toolkit
Publication in scientific literature represents a critical and often early step in the dissemination of research findings. PCORI’s policy on public access to journal articles presenting findings from PCORI-funded research assures broad access to these findings, improving the quality of information available to support decisions about health and health care as consistent with PCORI’s mandate.
PCORI requires all awardees publishing peer-reviewed articles reporting findings from research funded in whole or in part by PCORI to make the articles available in the PubMed Central online archive. In addition, PCORI will, upon Awardee request, pay fees to provide free public access to peer-reviewed journal articles that present findings from PCORI-funded research.