Representing: Patients, Caregivers, and Patient Advocates
Term ends August 2019
Alexis Snyder is a patient family advisor and patient engagement specialist. As a parent of an adolescent with complex medical needs, Snyder has a unique perspective on healthcare delivery and the systems of care available to children and adolescents with medical complexity. She is an advocate and advisor to several regional and national projects. She is a current member of The Person and Family Engagement Network of the Yale Center for Outcomes Research and the Patient Advocate Advisory Network for the Radiology Society of North America.
Snyder is passionate about patient-centered outcomes research (PCOR) and a strong promoter of PCORI’s mission as a merit reviewer, peer reviewer, and ambassador. She is a member of the Stakeholder Engagement Advisory Board for the Boston BRI…DGE, a Eugene Washington PCORI Engagement Award, and a past patient research partner of another Eugene Washington PCORI Engagement Award project, Franciscan Helps Families Connect, where she worked with researchers to use parent-generated data to develop a voice for parents of children with medical complexity to identify barriers and share experiences in obtaining health care. She and her daughter also work to spread awareness and understanding for invisible disabilities. Her blog, Invisible Disabilities, has received global recognition.
Snyder previously served as a member of the Advisory Panel on Improving Healthcare Systems.
Conflict of Interest Disclosures
As of February 13, 2018
- PCORI, Merit Reviewer
- PCORI, Peer Reviewer
- The Center for Community Health Education Research and Service, Inc. (CCHERS), Stakeholder Advisory Board, PCORI funded engagement award
- Mutlisenson Dx, Advisor
- The Yale Center for Outcomes Research, Advisor/Person and Family Engagement Network
- Radiology Society of North America, Advisor/Patient Advocate Advisory Network
- Convaid Products, Ambassador
- Franciscan Children’s, Brighton MA – Research Associations, Past Advisor, and Family Member Patient of Chief Medical Officer at another location