Christopher Boone, PhD
Christopher Boone, PhD, is the Vice President and Global Head of Health Economics and Outcomes Research at AbbVie, a biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover and develop innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow.
In this role, he is primarily responsible for defining and aligning an enterprise vision and strategic roadmap on the generation, capture, storage, analysis, and innovative use of big data sources to generate evidence and insights on the real-world performance of drug and digital companion therapies. He also directly oversees the development, implementation, and evaluation of several global programs.
Before joining AbbVie, Boone was the Vice President and Global Medical Epidemiology & Big Data Analysis lead at Pfizer. He also serves as an Adjunct Assistant Professor teaching healthcare informatics and policy courses at NYU’s Wagner Graduate School of Public Service.
He received his PhD in Public Affairs at the University of Texas at Dallas, his MS in healthcare administration at the University of Texas at Arlington, and his BS in management information systems from the University of Tulsa.
Boone was appointed as a member of the PCORI Board of Governors by the Comptroller General of the United States in September 2022.
Conflicts of Interest
As of January 3, 2023
Financial or Business Associations:
- Abbvie, Inc., Employer
- New York University, Faculty
- Global Medical Response, Board of Directors/Trustees (Compensated Position)
- Mango Sciences, Advisory Board Member (Compensated Position)
- TrialBee, Advisory Board Member (Compensated Position)
- Abbvie, Inc., Self
- Accenture, Spouse
- Stewards of Change Institute, Board member
- American Heart Association, Advisory Council Member (Non-compensated Position)
- Global Liver Institute, Advisory Council Member (Non-compensated Position)
- Texas Biomedical Research Institute, Advisory Council Member (Non-compensated Position)
- Board Member
- Finance and Administration Committee