Lawrence Goldberg is a board-certified psychiatrist with over 30 years of experience doing clinical work and teaching medical students, psychiatry residents, graduate physicians, and other health professionals. When he served as a hospital Medical Director, he was responsible for supervising professional staff and assuring the quality of care and satisfaction of patients. Dr. Goldberg is currently employed in the payer community, overseeing quality and utilization of mental health and substance use treatment for a commercial health insurance company. Throughout his career, he has focused on using the best available evidence to support all clinical and administrative decisions. Since his medical school days, he has been acutely aware of how much routine care decisions are influenced by habit and accumulated bias, rather than the best available evidence. While primarily a clinician and administrator, he is also familiar with research methodologies, having participated in research earlier in his career.
- PCORI’s Assessment of Prevention, Diagnosis, and Treatment Options Funding Priority;
- PCORI’s Improving Healthcare Systems Funding Priority;
- PCORI’s Communication and Dissemination Research Funding Priority;
- Health and healthcare outcomes of older adults (age 65 and older);
- Health and healthcare outcomes of individuals with special healthcare needs, including individuals with disabilities;
- Health and healthcare outcomes of individuals with multiple chronic diseases