Mark W. Skinner, JD
President/CEO, Institute for Policy Advancement, Ltd.
Represented: Patients, Caregivers, and Patient Advocates
Mark Skinner is President/CEO of the Institute for Policy Advancement, Ltd., a global health strategies consulting company, and a Senior Consultant to the Workers Compensation Research Institute. He has led both national and international patient organizations, including the World Federation of Hemophilia and National Hemophilia Foundation, where he currently serves on the Medical and Scientific Advisory Council. He is a board member of the American Thrombosis and Hemostasis Network and holds numerous roles as an advisor on critical blood safety and supply matters. Previously, he was Vice President of State Programs with the American Insurance Association and Administrative Assistant/Chief of Staff to the Speaker of the Kansas House of Representatives. He received degrees in Public and Business Administration from Kansas State University and a JD from Washburn University School of Law.
Skinner served as a member of the Advisory Panel on Rare Disease from April 2014 - April 2017.
Conflicts of Interest
As of September 30, 2016:
- Institute for Policy Advancement, Ltd., President/CEO
- National Hemophilia Foundation, Consultant
- Workers Compensation Research Institute, Consultant
- World Federation of Hemophilia USA, President and Volunteer
- American Thrombosis and Hemostasis Network, Board of Directors Member
- Center for Medical Technology Policy Greenpark Collaborative Advisory Committee, Member
- National Hemophilia Foundation Medical and Scientific Advisory Council, Member
- HHS Advisory Committee on Blood Tissue Cell Safety and Availability (ACBTSA), Member
- Food and Drug Administration Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research (CBER), Temporary Voting Member (SGE Consultant)
- Advisory Panel Member