Matt Cheung, PhD, RPh
Los Gatos, CA
Matthias Cheung, PhD, RPh, is Adjunct Professor of Pharmacy Practice at the Thomas J. Long School of Pharmacy, University of the Pacific. His interests include rare disease, comparative effectiveness, and medication adherence research.
His pharmacy practice includes community, teaching hospitals, and managed care. He initiated improvement programs for drug use, formularies, and claims-based prescribing analysis. He held leadership positions in several large pharmaceutical companies, where he developed partnerships for pharmacoeconomic outcomes research, comparative effectiveness research, and placed clinical trials at research networks.
Matthias Cheung received his BS in Pharmacy and a PhD in Pathology and Laboratory Medicine at the University of Wisconsin. He conducted post-doctoral research in molecular biology at the University of Western Ontario. He is a fellow of the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists and the California Society of Health-System Pharmacists, and a member of the Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy, where he has served on many committees.
Cheung served as a member and Chair of the Advisory Panel on Rare Disease from August 2016 to August 2019.
Conflicts of Interest
As of February 26, 2019
- Advanced Rx Consulting, LLC, Owner/Principal Consultant
- Aimmune Therapeutics Inc., Stock/Investments
- Amag Pharmaceuticals Inc., Stock/Investments
- Apple Inc., Stock/Investments
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Co., Stock/Investments
- Catalyst Pharmaceuticals Inc., Stock/Investments
- Clovis Oncology Inc., Stock/Investments
- General Electric Co., Stock/Investments
- Gerson Lehrman Group Inc., Consultant
- Heron Therapeutics Inc., Stock/Investments
- IBM Co., Stock/Investments
- Merck and Co. Inc., Stock/Investments
- Proctor and Gamble Co., Stock/Investments
- Red Hill Pharmaceuticals Ltd., Stock/Investments
- Sanofi Co., Stock/Investments
- Spectrum Pharmaceuticals Inc., Stock/Investments
- Stanford University, Scientific Advisory Committee, Member, Consultant
- University of the Pacific, Thomas J Long School of Pharmacy: Academic Institution, Employer
- Zimmer Biomet Holdings Inc., Stock/Investments
- Advisory Panel Member