Los Gatos, CA
Adjunct Professor of Pharmacy Practice, University of the Pacific
Term ends August 2019
Matthias Cheung, PhD, RPh, is Adjunct Professor of Pharmacy Practice at the Thomas J. Long School of Pharmacy, University of the Pacific. His interests include rare disease, comparative effectiveness, and medication adherence research.
His pharmacy practice includes community, teaching hospitals, and managed care. He initiated improvement programs for drug use, formularies, and claims-based prescribing analysis. He held leadership positions in several large pharmaceutical companies, where he developed partnerships for pharmacoeconomic outcomes research, comparative effectiveness research, and placed clinical trials at research networks.
Matthias Cheung received his BS in Pharmacy and a PhD in Pathology and Laboratory Medicine at the University of Wisconsin. He conducted post-doctoral research in molecular biology at the University of Western Ontario. He is a fellow of the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists and the California Society of Health-System Pharmacists, and a member of the Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy, where he has served on many committees.
Conflict of Interest Disclosures
As of June 11, 2018
- Abbot Labs, Stock/Investments
- Aimmune Therapeutics Inc., Stock/Investments
- Amag Pharmaceuticals Inc., Stock/Investments
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Co., Stock/Investments
- Heron Therapeutics Inc., Stock/Investments
- Intelgenx Technologies, Stock/Investments
- Merck and Co. Inc., Stock/Investments
- Navidea, Stock/Investments
- PDL Biopharma Inc., Stock/Investments
- Proctor and Gamble Co., Stock/Investments
- Roche Pharmaceuticals, Stock/Investments
- Sanofi, Stock/Investments
- Spectrum Pharmaceuticals, Stock/Investments
- Emergent Biosolutions Inc., Stock/Investments