Rachel Raia, MPH
Manager, Client Consulting, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
Rachel Raia is a manager of client consulting at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas in Austin, Texas. She is also pursuing doctoral studies in health economics and outcomes research at the University of Texas. She works closely with clients’ HR benefits staff to evaluate programs and identify and mitigate utilization and cost trend drivers associated with large employee-plus-dependent populations. Raia has been a stakeholder merit reviewer and mentor for PCORI since 2013. She has previous experience working at UnitedHealthcare as well as with the Texas Medicaid and CHIP programs. Raia enjoys mentoring undergraduate students as a teaching assistant for statistics. She is also a Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ). She hopes to use her research knowledge, experience working for both public and private payers, and passion for healthcare quality to promote the integration of patient-centered principles into healthcare delivery models. She earned a BA from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and an MPH from the University of Texas School of Public Health.
Raia previously served as a member of the Advisory Panel on Improving Healthcare Systems, and a member of the Advisory Panel on Healthcare Delivery and Disparities Research, from August 2017 to August 2020.
Conflicts of Interest
As of February 14, 2018
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas, employee (self)
- Healthy Interactions, consultant (self)
- Northshore University Health System, employee (parent)
- University of Texas at Austin, student (self)
- International Society for Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research, member (self)
- American College of Healthcare Executives, member (self)
- National Association for Healthcare Quality, member (self)
- Advisory Panel Member