^ John Westfall, MD was the original principal investigator for this project. Larry Green, MD was the second principal investigator for this project.
Transforming Community-Based Research on the High Plains - A narrative about a "Boot Camp Translation" project in Colorado that makes evidence-based recommendations accessible for diverse communities.
VIDEO: High Plains Research Network
Maret Felzein and her husband Ned Norman, discuss a campaign aimed at lowering blood pressure in Colorado.
Published Articles on this Project
Westfall JM, Zittleman L, Felzien M, et al., Reinventing The Wheel Of Medical Evidence: How The Boot Camp Translation Process Is Making Gains, HealthAffairs (April 2016).
Westfall JM, Zittleman L, Sutter C, et al., Testing to prevent colon cancer: results from a rural community intervention, Annals of Family Medicine (November/December 2013).
Norman N, Cowart S, Felzien M, et al., Testing to prevent colon cancer: how rural community members took on a community-based intervention, Annals of Family Medicine (November/December 2013).
Norman N, Bennett C, Cowart S, et al., Boot camp translation: a method for building a community of solution, The Journal of the American Board of Family Medicine (May/June 2013).
Through limited competition, PCORI awarded 25 of the 50 Pilot Projects up to $50,000 to support dissemination and implementation of their activities and findings through the PCORI Pilot Project Learning Network (PPPLN) funding. The deliverables listed below are a result of convenings and conferences supported by this funding, whose efforts align with the PCORI strategic goal of disseminating information and encouraging adoption of PCORI-funded research results.
Period: November 2015 to February 2016
Presented 9 sessions at the NAPCRG 2015 Annual Meeting
- SRF17 Boot Camp Translation: Translating Biobank Jargon Into Patient-Centered Language
- OT11 Check Your Sugar, Check Your Mood
- OT14 Improving Mental Health in Rural Communities Using Appreciative Inquiry and Boot Camp Translation
- OT15 Testing and Disseminating a Tool for Community Engagement in Research: The Boot Camp Translation Process
- OT22 Mixed-Method Assessment of Self-Management Support Tool Implementation: A Report From the INSTTEPP Trial
- OT23 Disseminating Boot Camp Translation Among MetaLARC Networks Through INSTTEPP
- OT24 Successful Impact on SMS Care Using a Boot Camp Translation Intervention: A Report From the INSTTEPP Trial
- OT25 Translating Self-Management Support Tools into Family Medicine Practices: A Report From Meta-LARC
- WS50 Boot Camp Translation: A Tool to Engage Patients and Communities in Health Research
Presented 5 sessions at the NAPCRG PBRN 2015 Conference