PCORnet®, the National Patient-Centered Clinical Research Network, aims to transform clinical research and make it more patient centered, efficient, and sustainable and poised to answer important research questions at a national scale. In its role providing communications support for the PCORnet® Coordinating Center, this Phase 3 Coordinating Center for PCORnet will maintain and enhance PCORnet communications strategy, branding, and channels to better serve and grow PCORnet and encourage its use.
The Coordinating Center will advance PCORnet communications into phase 3 by learning from previous experiences in building the network, building on prior successes, and uniting the network in telling the PCORnet story. The center will build a flexible strategic communications plan with its partners in other coordinating center cores and clinical research networks that incorporates key activities including:
- Maintaining and enhancing PCORnet.org
- Continuing to grow social media presence
- Building a robust knowledge repository that houses and positions the resources of the network as resources available to all
- Helping the network tell a consistent and clear story about how PCORnet works
- Sharing knowledge about the network through a wide variety of materials including overview presentations, fact sheets, news stories, press releases, webinars, workshops, and any other needed formats
Throughout, this Phase 3 Coordinating Center for PCORnet will maintain the voice of PCORnet and ensure all messages reinforce the commitment to patient-centered research conducted at national scale to impact improved care and outcomes.
*All proposed projects, including requested budgets and project periods, are approved subject to a programmatic and budget review by PCORI staff and the negotiation of a formal award contract.