This Capacity Building Project will address critical needs that have been prioritized by the principal investigators, Physician Enterprise and CommonSpirit Health Research Institute (CSHRI) leadership and staff. The needs addressed relate to specific implementation challenges arising from CommonSpirit’s scale, the competing priorities that can stall change initiatives and siloed approaches that can result when rapidly evolving factors prompt reactive rather than proactive decision making. Specifically, this four-pronged Capacity Building Project will support infrastructure needs related to data, analytics, program management, and HSII implementation. Specific activities include:
- Data Infrastructure buildout, including the addition of key staff with specific skill sets to support data collection and analysis, report-outs and data insight sharing.
- Analytic Infrastructure buildout to allow CSHRI to add/update the software and analytics tools needed to analyze data from statistical support and tool utilization, enable external data extraction and integration, and support publication and evaluation.
- Project Management Infrastructure that focuses on adding staff, groups and processes for reviewing opportunities, creating and submitting proposals and successfully managing all aspects of HSII projects.
- Implementation buildout that includes activating the Synergistic Implementation Readiness Group (SIRG) to support the PI’s ability to manage HSII projects and enhance CommonSpirit’s ability to implement, adopt and/or take to scale PCORI-funded best practices by enlisting and maintaining cross-departmental support at all levels of the organization.
These activities, spearheaded by CSHRI, Physician Enterprise and CSHRI’s Research Analytics Center of Excellence, will bolster capacity to accurately collect, store and analyze data across CSHRI’s 21-state footprint and successfully implement system-wide projects by operationalizing the SIRG. The activities being undertaken capitalize on CommonSpirit’s strengths while addressing gaps and creating systems that will drive the uptake of PCORI-funded research and best practices across the enterprise.
Health System Name
- CommonSpirit Health
- Thomas McGinn, MD, MPH, Executive Vice President, Physician Enterprise
|About HSII Capacity Building Projects
Funding for HSII Capacity Building Projects was the first funding opportunity available under HSII, to support HSII Participants’ efforts to prepare for successful implementation and program evaluation as part of HSII Implementation Projects. Through HSII, HSII Participants will undertake implementation projects to actively advance the adoption of new evidence, drawn from PCORI-funded research, into their care delivery settings.