Inova Health System supports the following goals in achieving optimal capacity for future Health Systems Implementation Initiative (HSII) projects:
- Embed additional implementation science (IS) expertise and training throughout the organization. Growing expertise in more disciplines and areas of the health system beyond nursing will ensure ready resources for participation in HSII projects. A national expert will train their trainers. They will engage Inova nursing IS specialists as trainers to medicine, advanced practice providers, respiratory, dietitian, pharmacy, imaging, physical therapy, occupational therapy, quality, patient experience, analytics and additional nurses.
- Develop a comprehensive communication and marketing plan for internal and external audiences. Such communication will grow engagement and support in IS projects, both HSII and internal. This will engage the resources under their chief communications and external affairs officer.
- Put in place program management support to promote organized and robust planning, implementation and evaluation. This will help ensure all components of the programming are optimal as they embark on HSII projects. Nursing professional practice leaders will guide this development.
- Produce a comprehensive review of all program evaluation resources and develop a plan to ensure they are at-the-ready for future HSII programming. They will engage a national expert to support this work.
As a result, the proposed activities relate to train-the-trainer plans, communication and marketing strategy, program management development and organizational readiness and planning for program evaluation.
Health System Name
- Inova Health System
- Maureen Sintich, BSN, MBA, MSN, DNP, Executive Vice President and Chief Nurse Executive
- Chalpathy Venkatsan, MD, MS, Senior Vice President and Chief Quality and Safety Officer
|About HSII Capacity Building Projects
Funding for HSII Capacity Building Projects was the first funding opportunity available under HSII, to support HSII Participants’ efforts to prepare for successful implementation and program evaluation as part of HSII Implementation Projects. Through HSII, HSII Participants will undertake implementation projects to actively advance the adoption of new evidence, drawn from PCORI-funded research, into their care delivery settings.