The main goals of the project are to strategically align Northwestern’s organizational entities and to add robust support to technical toolkits for one common mission: accelerate effective implementation science to support evidence-based patient care in a growing academic health system and the communities that they serve. The main goals and activities include:
- Conducting organizational readiness assessments and developing or enhancing teams and processes to support the principal investigator (PI) or Co-PI overall management of HSII activities.
- Enhancing data structure for evaluation.
- Identifying, developing and optimizing implementation strategies and approaches.
Health System Name
- Northwestern Memorial HealthCare
- Cynthia Barnard, MBA, PhD, MSJS, Vice President, Quality
- Teresa Pollack, MS, Director, Quality Operations
|About HSII Capacity Building Projects
Funding for HSII Capacity Building Projects was the first funding opportunity available under HSII, to support HSII Participants’ efforts to prepare for successful implementation and program evaluation as part of HSII Implementation Projects. Through HSII, HSII Participants will undertake implementation projects to actively advance the adoption of new evidence, drawn from PCORI-funded research, into their care delivery settings.